January Transfers 2019/20

sne

1 hour ago, useless said:

Bowen is being talked about as a £25m pound player and is getting linked to Leicester.

Bowen's contract ends in 5 months. What club is going to pay £25m for an over 23 year old player they can speak to now, sign a pre-contract and get for nothing in the summer?

If I were Leicester I would have been on the blower January 1st. (They don't need him right away)

Edited by Spray

2 minutes ago, Spray said:

Bowen's contract ends in 5 months. What club is going to pay £25m for an over 23 year old player they can speak to now, sign a pre-contract and get for nothing in the summer?

If I were Leicester I would have been on the blower January 1st.

Apparently Hull have a contract extension they can trigger.

7 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Apparently Hull have a contract extension they can trigger.

Yeah but they haven't yet so he's still free to talk to other clubs.

Edited by Spray

24 minutes ago, leighavfc said:

I've seen Kemar Roofe twice today driving around in his Range.

I know hes Walsall lad, surely just back in the area seeing family etc. Maybe one to keep an eye on for one of the local clubs.

He's probably just in the area. It looks like Anderlecht's last match was over a week ago, with their next one being a friendly against Livingstone in a week's time.

1 minute ago, Spray said:

Yeah but they haven't yet so he's still free to talk to another clubs.

I would assume if it were that easy a lot of clubs would be jumping over one another to try and sign him on a free. And that Hull would be stupid to not trigger the extension

Edited by Laughable Chimp

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

I'm with you. Can't see it myself. I think we'll try a few loans and maybe sign 2 players for around 5-8m each. I also don't think it will be enough to stay up, but we'll see.

Anything near, like for like replacements for our three injured players might cost us roughly, £8m (Heaton), £22m (Wesley) and around £20m (McGinn). That's around £50m total. If we can get quality replacements for less, by using loans, then I for one would be fine with that. I don't see our owners being willing to risk our safety by limiting our spending to around £10-£16m and a couple of loans, if they felt spending another £34-40m, could potentially save the club double that. Neither of us really knows though and nor do selling clubs either, which hopefully will prevent us being too heavily overcharged. My guess, is that we will spend somewhere between what we have both suggested and bring in a couple of loans as well.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Genuine question - why do you think that? We’ve had a massive slump November and December yet are still out of the bottom 3, would not a few more players give you more confidence we could avoid the drop.  A striker, another creative forward and a solid midfielder could make a big difference to us if we can get them. Interested in your thoughts the other way?

Just because it's so hard to do business in this window really. Any decent Championship player will have an over-inflated price due to the possibility of a promotion push. Strikers are the hardest players to find, and to sign one that will come in and adapt straight away within what I believe to be our price range will be difficult. 

I think finding another midfielder will be the easiest signing of the lot, but everyone we sign really do need to hit the ground running, and I can't see us spending a huge amount to buy proven quality. 

The scouting department might surprise me and unearth a few gems, I certainly hope they do!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

Just because it's so hard to do business in this window really. Any decent Championship player will have an over-inflated price due to the possibility of a promotion push. Strikers are the hardest players to find, and to sign one that will come in and adapt straight away within what I believe to be our price range will be difficult. 

I think finding another midfielder will be the easiest signing of the lot, but everyone we sign really do need to hit the ground running, and I can't see us spending a huge amount to buy proven quality. 

The scouting department might surprise me and unearth a few gems, I certainly hope they do!

Cheers.

i see your point re hard doing business....yeah let’s hope we can unearth a few gems

• Like 1

We should look at both Luke Matheson and Peter Thomas of Rochdale.

Matheson is only 17 and Thomas Is 15 Years old and played well against Man Utd at Old Trafford in Carabao Cup. Both have impressed me this season.

Matheson did well vs Newcastle today coming on as a sub and setting up their goal for Wilbraham

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, gaz90 said:

He's probably just in the area. It looks like Anderlecht's last match was over a week ago, with their next one being a friendly against Livingstone in a week's time.

Yeah this is what I thought tbh

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

Agree totally. if he isn't showing quality here before the end of the season he will have to go somewhere to get coached better. For me, with proper coaching he is gonna be a class player.

Yet again, picking up any ol' stick to beat Smith with.

Bore off.

in the SUN too so MUST be true..

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/10671330/adebayor-aston-villa-free-transfer-wesley-cover/?utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=sunfootballtwitter&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1578177143

EMMANUEL ADEBAYOR has been offered to Aston Villa as they desperately search for strikers to cover their injury nightmare.

The former Tottenham, Manchester City and Arsenal star is seen as a shock option to fire the club to safety.

Villa boss Dean Smith has been left short of choices after seeing striker Wesley and keeper Tom Heaton ruled out for the season with knee injuries.

It means the  club now have to spread their shoestring transfer budget across two key positions — and  consider free transfers or loans to bolster their squad.

Smith only has Jonathan Kodjia available up front — with Wesley’s injury meaning he may have to bring in two new forwards in January to give some cover in attacking positions.

His only other striker, Keinan Davis, is himself working his way back to fitness after injury, so Villa have a massive hole in their squad.

But with Financial Fair Play restrictions biting heavily, Villa will be scratching around to beg, steal and borrow players.

Adebayor’s camp know this — and have spotted what they believe is an unlikely opportunity for him to return to the Premier League at a late stage in his career.

The Togolese frontman, 36 next month, is a free agent after leaving Turkish side Kayserispor last month, meaning he would be available to come in immediately without a fee.

His advisers hope that fact — and his Premier League experience — might be enough for Villa to take a gamble on him as a cheap option, allowing them to also target another forward in a loan or small cash deal in the transfer window.

Former Liverpool striker Daniel Sturridge — now with Trabzonspor — is another option, although there are costs and fitness concerns associated with him.

And possibilities such as Hull’s Jarrod Bowen and Fulham’s Aleksandar Mitrovic are likely to be too expensive at a time when they need to balance their books.

It is financial concerns that may prevent Smith from pursuing either Jack Butland or Joe Hart to cover for Heaton in goal.

Emmanuel Adebayor, 'offered' to us, by himself.

...cool.

Incidentally Adebayor has a massive house next to a shitload of slums in Togo's capital, on the roof of which is a miniature version of the Statue of Liberty, holding a football instead of a flaming torch. Which seems a bit of a shitty move.