January Transfers 2019/20

sne

48 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I wouldn’t sell Taylor either. There’s an argument he is a better player than Targett.

Think Targett will have that argument sewn up by the summer but I agree with you generally - whichever way round you look at it, selling a back-up left back is not the priority right now.

33 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

You want to sell all 3 of our forwards who aren't out for the season and replace them with 1 forward for the remainder of the season ? 

Id rather get rid of three useless strikers and bring in one useful striker. I would also buy another striker, possibly Tom Barkhuizen from PNE I forgot to add him to that list. To complete that list however I would bring a third striker in but add from the U23s and give youth a chance.

• Confused 1

I wouldn’t dismiss the Championship as a place to look for players, either short or long term as one or two suggest.  

The GK situation is still a worry for me and personally I would be looking at possibly a short term fix from the Championship (ie Randolph, Etheridge, Westwood) or Butland if looking longer term. Nyland just gives me the shivers.

I hope that we also persist with the 3 at the back for the rest of the season, which could mean looking at a further centre back? I cannot think of a stand out Championship centre back right now, but perhaps someone may think of one? However, Tuanzebe on a short loan is a good shout. Is the Aberdeen centre back mentioned previously doing ok still? I would also love to see Ashley Young return on a short loan to cover the left wing back role. He’d be perfect for it.

Midfield we are very weakened without McGinn and need something. Lansbury or Hourihane just cannot fill the role until the end of the season. Eze of QPR sounds like the pick of the Championship right now. If that move wasn’t possible, what about either Allen or Woods from Stoke? I know not great, would think either would offer us something. Otherwise, is there a further McGinn gem in Scotland right now to be had?

Forwards? We need some power and pace across the whole line for sure. The Fulham fella is an obvious choice, but just cannot see him moving in this window. However, there are others to consider from the Championship (ie Karlan Grant, Ollie Watkins to name two). Wide areas, again Bowen being the pick, but expensive and the same with Benrahma. What about Lolley? Has pace, great shot and would bust a gut for the team. Lolley could be our new Tommy Johnson. Scotland again could be a place to look for forward players.

Otherwise, either of the Chelsea forwards mentioned on loan would improve us for sure.

Alternatively, we’ll be looking abroad for loans or smaller size fee signings I imagine. The risk here of course is the settling in period, as some adjust quicker than others.

Either way, I hope we do all our business quickly. I think we need a minimum of 3, but would like to see 4 or 5 coming in soon. Not easy though in January.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-transfer-news-tosun-17514356

Aston Villa could consider Everton striker swoop should Chelsea transfer trail run cold

Aston Villa transfer news | Turkish international Tosun, who is said to have already turned down a loan move to join Championship Derby County, has struggled for game time this season at Goodison Park with Englishman Dominic Calvert-Lewin the Tofees first choice.

Aston Villa could consider a loan move for Everton forward Cenk Tosun should their pursuit of Chelsea forwards Michy Batshuayi and Olivier Giroud collapse, claim Mail Online .

Villa bosses have made an enquiry to Chelsea about the duo with Dean Smith keen to make a January capture following the news that £22m summer signing Wesley will miss the rest of the season with a knee injury, it was reported earlier this week .

Turkish international Tosun, who is said to have already turned down a loan move to join Championship Derby County, has struggled for game time this season at Goodison Park with Englishman Dominic Calvert-Lewin the Tofees first choice.

And Tosun's £110,000-per-week wage bill on Merseyside, as claimed by the report, leaves Everton keen on offloading a large portion of his wages to a loan club.

Newcastle United are also said to be interested in Tosun as they continue their hunt for a forward.

It is likely that Villa and the Magpies will clash on a number of occasions this month with the two clubs likely to fight over a number of targets.

On Sunday morning, it was reported that Chelsea had updated clubs interested Batshuayi, Villa, Newcastle and Palace included, that they will not loosen their grip on the Belgian forward until they have themselves secured the services of a striker this January.

Frank Lampard is keen to strengthen his attacking options this months and will meet with his Chelsea bosses next week to discuss his transfer ambitions after FIFA lifted the club's embargo, finally allowing them to resume transfer trading once again.

Batshuayi has made 12 appearances in the Premier League this season with all of them coming off the substitutes bench.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

I wouldn’t dismiss the Championship as a place to look for players, either short or long term as one or two suggest.  

The GK situation is still a worry for me and personally I would be looking at possibly a short term fix from the Championship (ie Randolph, Etheridge, Westwood) or Butland if looking longer term. Nyland just gives me the shivers.

I hope that we also persist with the 3 at the back for the rest of the season, which could mean looking at a further centre back? I cannot think of a stand out Championship centre back right now, but perhaps someone may think of one? However, Tuanzebe on a short loan is a good shout. Is the Aberdeen centre back mentioned previously doing ok still? I would also love to see Ashley Young return on a short loan to cover the left wing back role. He’d be perfect for it.

Midfield we are very weakened without McGinn and need something. Lansbury or Hourihane just cannot fill the role until the end of the season. Eze of QPR sounds like the pick of the Championship right now. If that move wasn’t possible, what about either Allen or Woods from Stoke? I know not great, would think either would offer us something. Otherwise, is there a further McGinn gem in Scotland right now to be had?

Forwards? We need some power and pace across the whole line for sure. The Fulham fella is an obvious choice, but just cannot see him moving in this window. However, there are others to consider from the Championship (ie Karlan Grant, Ollie Watkins to name two). Wide areas, again Bowen being the pick, but expensive and the same with Benrahma. What about Lolley? Has pace, great shot and would bust a gut for the team. Lolley could be our new Tommy Johnson. Scotland again could be a place to look for forward players.

Otherwise, either of the Chelsea forwards mentioned on loan would improve us for sure.

Alternatively, we’ll be looking abroad for loans or smaller size fee signings I imagine. The risk here of course is the settling in period, as some adjust quicker than others.

Either way, I hope we do all our business quickly. I think we need a minimum of 3, but would like to see 4 or 5 coming in soon. Not easy though in January.

Bowen and Lolley I would love here, always liked Lolley, he would cost no doubt but would be worth it.

Isn't Tuanzebe on his final year at utd or has he signed a new contract, we should always make a play for him as don't think utd appreciated him the way we did.

I like the three at the back, which is why I'd sell Taylor if we were to maintain it indefinitely.

Our only way of getting out of paying a fortune is to promote within, maybe Youth here and there in a position or two is key, we need to start utilising them more. As it stands it feels like our Youth system is alot like lost property, it's full of gathering items, but it's never used until you hand it out where it's needed.

Strikers we need three, our current strikers who are fit are just no good, Hogan no way back for him, Kodjia I don't want to see in a villa shirt again as he's disrespectful just by his performances whenever he plays. Davis at most runs around like an hooligan and he tries, but when did he last score. It's time our strikers got sold, that we bought new and replaced, how long are we going to keep misfiring players for?? that is exactly one of the reasons why were in such a mess, we need to do something as sitting on our current strikers is only preventing us from being a winning side. Think about the fact that in some of the games we've lost, despite good performances and being unlucky, if we'd of had a striker or two who had of been scoring it may of added to the goal tally on the day and we wouldn't be sitting this close to relegation. 

That EFL Hub account (Yeah not many followers) seems to have updated his Bowen post and changed the price to 10 - 15 mill (previously wrote 20 - 25 mill), saying it looks like he will be joining us.

Also claims Mitrovic loan with obligation to Buy.

14 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

That EFL Hub account (Yeah not many followers) seems to have updated his Bowen post and changed the price to 10 - 15 mill (previously wrote 20 - 25 mill), saying it looks like he will be joining us.

Also claims Mitrovic loan with obligation to Buy.

Most likely a fan who's seen chatter on the toffee's forum and decided to post it in his own account.

Would be nice Mitrovic, yet a Loan without buy I'm no so sold on.

Either way I think we need our main striker to be of premier standard, buying someone out of favour from one of the top ten would be real sweet at this time would be a wise move. We buy and the striker is ours, we loan and it has to be option to buy or we lose out from another potential being good enough they helped get our season back on track as well as there's. I just don't like it when a club sees us coming, that were in need and they dictate the terms, we should be able to buy who were loaning, not fall into a trap by a bigger club and not end up with that player if we so choose. We lose out on a sale all while there same value increasing after doing so well here at Villa, it's not good for us, but works our for player and parent club were the real losers in the end. Loans without buy, we may as well go hunting ourselves and just buy out right.

Edited by Dave-R

2 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Most likely a fan who's seen chatter on the toffee's forum and decided to post it in his own account.

Would be nice Mitrovic, yet a Loan without buy I'm no so sold on.

Either way I think we need our main striker to be of premier standard, buying someone out of favour from one of the top ten would be real sweet at this time would be a wise move. We buy and the striker is ours, we loan and it has to be option to buy or we lose out from another potential being good enough they helped get our season back on track as well as there's. I just don't like it when a club sees us coming, that were in need and they dictate the terms, we should be able to buy who were loaning, not fall into a trap by a bigger club and not end up with that player if we so choose. We lose out on a sale all while there same value increasing after doing so well here at Villa, it's not good for us, but works our for player and parent club were the real losers in the end. Loans without buy, we may as well go hunting ourselves and just buy out right.

Needs must though Dave. If we get a PL striker with no option to buy and he scores 8-10 goals and keeps us up...tbh I don’t really care if he goes back to parent club; he will have done his job and saved us tens of millions of pounds in doing so. LTB is ideal but not a deal breaker for me - survival this season is potentially the biggest prize we have ever been fighting for (EC excepting of course). 

• Like 2

Just read about Che Adams that he could be worth a shot for Villa, did brilliant at city, yet as fallen out of favour at Southampton.

Tells me we should steer clear as he failed to make his mark in the top flight.

Think we should just go rescue Maupay, right now, I think he'd of worked for us, shame it's a missed opportunity that one.

Edited by Dave-R

3 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Mitrovic on loan? Why are people talking about this as if it's not the most absurd fake news of the window so far?

It does say WITH OBLIGATION TO BUY.

To me, the only way that would happen, and how it reads to me, is that it would basically be a purchase with a financial structure to suit FFP.

Of course it could also be absolute bollox, but stranger things have happened.

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

It does say WITH OBLIGATION TO BUY.

To me, the only way that would happen, and how it reads to me, is that it would basically be a purchase with a financial structure to suit FFP.

Fulham are in the top six.No way are they going to compromise their promotion chances without getting paid up front.

Their owners are not exactly poor either!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, eholm said:

Needs must though Dave. If we get a PL striker with no option to buy and he scores 8-10 goals and keeps us up...tbh I don’t really care if he goes back to parent club; he will have done his job and saved us tens of millions of pounds in doing so. LTB is ideal but not a deal breaker for me - survival this season is potentially the biggest prize we have ever been fighting for (EC excepting of course). 

When you put it In that way then I spose your right.

Darn you for making me see reason.

• Like 1

Just now, Villastine said:

Batshuayi would be a fantastic signing and looks like it could happen if Chelsea sign a forward. 

So I take it Chelsea transfer ban didn't happen??

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, pintpotvilla said:

Fulham are in the top six.No way are they going to compromise their promotion chances without getting paid up front.

Their owners are not exactly poor either!

EDIT

To be honest I wouldn't want Mitrovic for that sort of money anyway.

5 minutes ago, pintpotvilla said:

Would be but he will go to Palce if he leaves Chelsea almost certainly

If the Bat does go to Palace as you suggest, then perhaps Benteke here on a six month loan is an option? Agreed his best days appear to have gone, but he is surely an upgrade on Kodjia and Davis still.