January Transfers 2019/20

sne

Whilst we are talking about Chelsea players (who are about the only Top 7 team with some 'experienced' PL players that are somewhat attainable, there is nothing at Arsenal, City, Liverpool and United. Perhaps Wanyama at Spurs. It's refreshing in one way not to be linked with total shite looking for a last payday but this is the first Window in years I've wanted a little bit of experience😄)

How about Ross Barkley? Showed a lot of promise of getting back to his best in pre-season, hasn't quite happened for him, had an injury and since then Mount has found some form and Chelsea have been doing well. He would be a risk and expensive but is still relatively young, could fill a John McGinn shaped hole in midfield and if need be stand in for Jack - albeit a different style of player to both of those. Whether he'd go for it And how expensive he'd be is another question, I would imagine he could get in at Spurs, Leicester or Everton and they are all more attractive options at the moment

I'm not sold on the idea but interested to hear what everyone else thought. 

I think Batshuayi, Barkley and Bowen would be a great window and add to the potential list of B's that could all flop here 😂

21 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

Why would we take Bournemouth’s 5th choice centreback off them? Dunno, but we did. Burnley and West Ham are both years ahead of us, unfortunately.

I’m fairly confident that Hart is still a better keeper than Nyland, who has received serious amounts of praise on AVFC Twitter just for catching a routine corner against Burnley.

Their really not...Yes they've been in the PL longer and probably a little more stable, at least in Burnleys case. You can't tell me though that these two clubs are years ahead of us. Both have been surviving in the PL, nothing more. Neither are pulling up trees. That's no different in reality from where we are currently. There are levels between the top sides and us most definitely but not the middling clubs or those scrapping for survival. 

2 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Their really not...Yes they've been in the PL longer and probably a little more stable, at least in Burnleys case. You can't tell me though that these two clubs are years ahead of us. Both have been surviving in the PL, nothing more. Neither are pulling up trees. That's no different in reality from where we are currently. There are levels between the top sides and us most definitely but not the middling clubs or those scrapping for survival. 

We only needed to get promoted to be on a level par with the bottom 12

Was looking at Ross Barkley's stats and somehow he has a 5.69 rating on whoscored in a Champions League game this season despite only playing 10 minutes. For context, whoscored starts your rating at 6.0 and increases it and decreases it based on your performance over time. How actively bad he must've been to score a 5.69 rating despite only being on for 10 minutes is crazy. I can't remember the last time I've seen a guy get such a low rating in a match, much less a guy who does it in 10 minutes.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

1 minute ago, Phil Silvers said:

We only needed to get promoted to be on a level par with the bottom 12

Whilst I agree with both of yall, but why don't I hear anythign like this being said whenever the topic of our performances come up? Its always something like how all those teams are years ahead of us.

Just now, Laughable Chimp said:

Whilst I agree with both of yall, but why don't I hear anythign like this being said whenever the topic of our performances come up? Its always something like how all those teams are years ahead of us.

Probably because I'm not responsible for the opinion of others. 

11 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Was looking at Ross Barkley's stats and somehow he has a 5.69 rating on whoscored in a Champions League game this season despite only playing 10 minutes. For context, whoscored starts your rating at 6.0 and increases it and decreases it based on your performance over time. How actively bad he must've been to score a 5.69 rating despite only being on for 10 minutes is crazy. I can't remember the last time I've seen a guy get such a low rating in a match, much less a guy who does it in 10 minutes.

probably the game he took the penalty off Jorginho and ballooned it over. Lampard has barely played him since

8 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Probably because I'm not responsible for the opinion of others. 

Most of these clubs are having their extended 15 minutes, when we lose, the frustration of the last 10 years sets in, we are on the right path now, fvck all these minnow premiership wanna be's back to where they belong

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Zatman said:

You say that you are happy we are not linked with shite then you suggest Ross Barkley 🤔😂

He's not shite though is he. He's a talented player with Premier League experience, he has some bad decisions in him such reduces his value and makes him somewhat attainable for us. If he didn't make those bad decisions then he'd be talked about in the way we talk about Jack. (As shown when he was talked about like that for years).

Like I said, not sold on the idea was just interested 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Most of these clubs are having their extended 15 minutes, when we lose, the frustration of the last 10 years sets in, we are on the right path now, fvck all these minnow premiership wanna be's back to where they belong

Absolutely this. PTSD is strong and real in (some) Villa fans (like me).

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

He's not shite though is he. He's a talented player with Premier League experience, he has some bad decisions in him such reduces his value and makes him somewhat attainable for us. If he didn't make those bad decisions then he'd be talked about in the way we talk about Jack. (As shown when he was talked about like that for years).

Like I said, not sold on the idea was just interested 🤷🏻‍♂️

I've actually always liked Barkley. Not sure he's the right option in our current situation though.

18 hours ago, TRO said:

But you say that, and so do I ..........but its a scandal we are still saying it.

I worry that the penny is trying to drop, but has not quite dropped yet.

Dean needs to toughen up in his view of premiership football......The last game was a little bit encouraging.

surely Dean can see what Nigel Pearson has done in wet day.....its so freakin' obvious.

Indeed. Hopefully the new comments from Dean re PL experience and ‘plug and play’ indicate that the penny HAS been allowed to finally drop. Here’s hoping. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, avfc1982am said:

Imo, they really are. West Ham have a load of players that would waltz into our team. Burnley aren’t appealing on the eye, but if we survive and reinvest and then survive again next season, then you’d say that we’ve reached the level that they’re at now. Don’t kid yourself that both of these teams aren’t better equipped than us to claw themselves out of a relegation scrap. They’ll both have players that have triple the Premier League experience of our players, and in-turn, handling the pressure that comes with a relegation battle.

They're both underperforming this season, and should be comfortable mid-table clubs, which we aspire to be.

2 hours ago, praisedmambo said:

So you're saying the fans want a striker who scores loads of goals, has amazing reaction time and loads of pace?

Who'd have thought! Should be ten a penny!

Seriously though, if Giroud is still capable of playing at his level then there is no way we should turn our noses up at him. We do need experience and we do need a striker.

No I’m saying we seem to not want a hold up striker whose slower, we want a quicker striker whose less likely to hold up the ball.  The scoring part, yeah my bad on that...but somebody who hasn’t scored much recently will just get stick from this message board especially the way Giroud.

As I said Giroud is a really good player but a player like that could be really good but not suit our system.  We need players that fit our system not just because of who they are.  

Nobody played their way into the team for the Semi there did they? A couple might have played themselves out of it though😄

Probably can't sign anybody new in time. Let's hope NSWE open the checkbook up for the second leg

Edited by HalfTimePost