Cameron Archer

Zatman

What a finish, we need him next season (arguably this season). How similar is that chance to the Watkins misses the other day? And I’m not using him as a stick to beat Watkins with but this guy is clearly our best natural finisher before Ings.  

1 minute ago, samjp26 said:

What a finish, we need him next season (arguably this season). How similar is that chance to the Watkins misses the other day? And I’m not using him as a stick to beat Watkins with but this guy is clearly our best natural finisher before Ings.  

I think he needs to be involved next season, hes a similar age to Ramsey now. I'd have him coming on in the premier league games and starting cup games. 

19 minutes ago, turvontour said:

Do players not quickly improve at that age, like Jacob Ramsey. I'd never have the Ramsey of last season banging in goals left right and centre like he is this season.

I think you could be right, some players just seize the moment, others don’t for whatever reason

• Like 1

I think we will be spending big on another next level forward this summer no matter what, so keeping Archer next season won't save us money in that sense, maybe would allow us to sell Ings whilst he's still got some value. But I think there's a good chance that Archer will go back on loan, keep him playing regular football and keep his value raising.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, useless said:

I think we will be spending big on another next level forward this summer no matter what, so keeping Archer next season won't save us money in that sense, maybe would allow us to sell Ings whilst he's still got some value. But I think there's a good chance that Archer will go back on loan, keep him playing regular football and keep his value raising.

I did say he’d save save us money if he can replicate his finishing in the premier league.

Edited by a m ole

The bonus to recalling him to our squad next season is that it will show other youngsters that if they go out on loan and do well then it can be a good pathway into our team. But it won't be much use recalling him next season and hardly using him because he's behind a new £70m striker and Watkins, he can play wide as well but there's a lot of competition there as well, so if he is to be with us next season we have to make sure he's ready otherise it could stall his development.

If he does go out on loan next season it doesn't have to be to the championship, it might be possible to send him to one of the top divisions in Holland, Belgium or somewhere like that, like Chelsea and Man City do with their youngsers, maybe Vitória S.C. if that link up happens. So there will be possibilities to test him at an higher level even it's not with us.

• Like 1

I would keep him here for the first half of next season and give him the chance to stake a claim. And if he doesnt then go out on loan again. He deserves at least that , because on the quality of his strikes alone he is our most lethal forward. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, pete101 said:

Every time I hear them say on radio, Aston Villa's top premier League goal scorer  Gabby Agbonlahor I feel physically ill, need to get Cameron up and running next season

Football started before 1992 Premier League stats are pointless.

2 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Without looking at his stats on Wikipedia, can anyone explain why he only scored 5 in 20 matches for Solihull Moors in the National League to scoring regularly in The Championship for Preston? To me, it doesn’t make any sense, does it suggest that the step up in quality isn’t that big? I don’t know, maybe someone can explain edit- I just checked, he scored 4 in 26 matches for Solihull Moors in the National League to scoring 5 goals in 10 matches for PNE in The Championship

To add to the other suggestions perhaps Solihull Moors were shit and he had no service?

That goal is brilliant and he's made it look so simple 

I like that he's not made a gut busting run that's attracted the CB, he's kept up with the pace of the play and at the same time cleverly drifted in to enough space to enable him to get that shot off and that shot is perfect 

He won't get that separation in the PL but he looks ready to start for us next season, it's a shame he's not going to fire them to a promotion 

Â