Cameron Archer

Zatman

Been a bit quiet lately but promising he seems to have a big match mentality, scoring in the derby for PNE tonight, also v WBA early on in his loan spell and also v Chelsea for us in the cup so isn't fazed by big games at all.

Without looking at his stats on Wikipedia, can anyone explain why he only scored 5 in 20 matches for Solihull Moors in the National League to scoring regularly in The Championship for Preston? To me, it doesn’t make any sense, does it suggest that the step up in quality isn’t that big? I don’t know, maybe someone can explain edit- I just checked, he scored 4 in 26 matches for Solihull Moors in the National League to scoring 5 goals in 10 matches for PNE in The Championship

Edited by sir_gary_cahill

Just now, sir_gary_cahill said:

Without looking at his stats on Wikipedia, can anyone explain why he only scored 5 in 20 matches for Solihull Moors in the National League North to scoring regularly in The Championship for Preston? To me, it doesn’t make any sense, does it suggest that the step up in quality isn’t that big? I don’t know, maybe someone can explain 

Perhaps the experience at Solihull made him focus more on what he needed to improve, so he put everything into it having had the realisation that he wouldn't make it otherwise?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, og1874 said:

Perhaps the experience at Solihull made him focus more on what he needed to improve, so he put everything into it having had the realisation that he wouldn't make it otherwise?

I think this could be the case but if I had an ounce of Archer’s footballing ability, I’d give it 100% in every match, whatever the level 

4 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Without looking at his stats on Wikipedia, can anyone explain why he only scored 5 in 20 matches for Solihull Moors in the National League to scoring regularly in The Championship for Preston? To me, it doesn’t make any sense, does it suggest that the step up in quality isn’t that big? I don’t know, maybe someone can explain edit- I just checked, he scored 4 in 26 matches for Solihull Moors in the National League to scoring 5 goals in 10 matches for PNE in The Championship

Do players not quickly improve at that age, like Jacob Ramsey. I'd never have the Ramsey of last season banging in goals left right and centre like he is this season.

4 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think its pretty well known that Cam came back for preseason and shocked the hell out of Dean Smith. He had gone from tiny forward to stocky forward . Sometimes you need that growth spurt and increase in strength to be able to show your skillset. He isnt a tricky winger. He is a goalscorer with 2 great feet. 

And tonight has scored a beauty with his left foot . He will always be a problem for defences because he is sucb a brilliant finisher these days . 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â