Cameron Archer

Zatman

On 10/04/2022 at 13:36, The_Steve said:

Gerrard hates youth so much he started his career in Liverpool coaching them. Not like he recognised the talent and sent them out on worthwhile loans. It’s simply untrue to claim this so why bother? 

Weird behaviour tbh. JPB looked unreal during pre season and didn’t get a sniff under smith in the league. It’s just lazy criticism of Gerrard imo 

• Like 4

On 10/04/2022 at 14:46, Zatman said:

Salifou can still do a job in midfield 😉

Salifou joined Türkspor Augsburg in 2015, playing in the Landesliga Bayern-Südwest. In early 2016 he was banned for eight matches for shouting at a referee during a match.[17]

L A D

Seems he tore it up in the 5th tier of the Turkish division one last time, then rode off into the sunset. Daddy Cool!

Randomly discovered that we are a week apart in birthdays! As if I couldn't rate him any more!

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

8 hours ago, paul514 said:

He needs another year in the championship he has 7 in 16 games.

if he can get a full season next year and score at a similar rate we should re evaluate then.

I would give him next season with maybe a recall in January at Preston. If he continues and we are struggling then recall him 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

L A D

Seems he tore it up in the 5th tier of the Turkish division one last time, then rode off into the sunset. Daddy Cool!

Randomly discovered that we are a week apart in birthdays! As if I couldn't rate him any more!

Pretty sure that league is in Germany though. Türkspor Augsburg is probably a club set up by turkish immigrants.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Pretty sure that league is in Germany though. Türkspor Augsburg is probably a club set up by turkish immigrants.

It is and its also more of a regional league than 5th division 

14 minutes ago, Zatman said:

After the 3rd tier here, the leagues split into regional leagues. When you click the link in JV's post it states that it is on the 6th level of the football pyramid with the Bundesliga being level 1.

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

I would give him next season with maybe a recall in January at Preston. If he continues and we are struggling then recall him 

I'd let Gerrard and team assess him in summer. Remember how quickly Ramsey has progressed last season and then again this season

1 hour ago, sparrow1988 said:

Someone always has to come and ruin your joy with facts....

The type of negativity I don't need in my life. Lol

• Haha 2

51 minutes ago, Zatman said:

My bad , it was late.

Did a quick Google, saw " Turkspor " and 5th tier and just assumed 

Although I should have probably know nby the " Ausberg ". Didn't Weiman either come from, or go to an " Ausberg " club, in Austria or Germany?

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Me too, we'll have the league Cup this side of Xmas, keep him around give him a game there, see what he can do and if he's still struggling to break through then send him out in Jan again 

58 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

The type of negativity I don't need in my life. Lol

It's only fun for me when I ruin posts with pedantic facts. Please don't think of returning the favour though.

• Haha 1

On 16/04/2022 at 11:31, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

My bad , it was late.

Did a quick Google, saw " Turkspor " and 5th tier and just assumed 

Although I should have probably know nby the " Ausberg ". Didn't Weiman either come from, or go to an " Ausberg " club, in Austria or Germany?

Weimann came into our youth team from Rapid Vienna. Left for Derby, now at Bristol City. 

Best shot conversion rate in Europe this season has Andi.

On Archer, he should be in the squad next season in place of Ings (dispose of). He's a top talent and elite finisher with great movement. He'll go far, given a chance! 

Edited by Dale
  • Like 2

On 16/04/2022 at 11:28, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

This is VT, we don't need facts.

Feelings over facts, always :) 

• Haha 3

I am not overly fussed about academy players, in the main, but this lad, has my interest.

His approach play around the box, is mature...he doesn't seem to do taps ins, albeit nothing wrong with them, but his footwork is impressive.

I am taken by his reading of the play, too, always seems to be in the right place, thats not luck, its intuitive.

I will be really surprised, if he doesn't make a huge career for himself, hopefully with us.

and really significant stat is his regularity, which tells his story 20 goals in 47 games.

good on ya son.

• Like 1

Â