Cameron Archer

Zatman

Another year in the championship wouldnt be the worst thing for him, but he is clearly ready to be part of the team and wider squad. I said it during the cup game which he scored 3 in, it was immediately apparent that he is ready to start games in the premier league. he won't score all the chances and indeed has missed some for PNE, however our other strikers don't bury every chance they get either and this will improve with time and experience.

Early days yet but he has all the attributes to be a top tier striker in the premier league and I would not be surprised to see him become the striker that a lot of Man United/Neutral fans thought Greenwood was going to be for England. I don't know much about his attitude off the pitch or approach to training but he has the goods to go far in the game, that much is clear, even at this very early stage

• Like 2

This is why I hope we nick 7th place. He'll get games in the Conference League and it will be against a lot of top flight teams. Not to mention the cups. So even if he isn't playing in the league he'll still be playing a lot of first team football.

• Like 2

As many have said, it depends how we want to play. Two up top and he is fourth choice if he comes back - I think Bailey is in front of him if we stick with that.  Could be a decent loan option for a Burnley, Brighton (will score more than Maupay and would this help get the Bissouma deal done?) or Saints (if they can't keep Broja). It would be great to see him in a bottom half PL team for 12 months (not us, I should add!) Getting PL experience before he comes back to us??

13 minutes ago, barry'sboots said:

As many have said, it depends how we want to play. Two up top and he is fourth choice if he comes back - I think Bailey is in front of him if we stick with that.  Could be a decent loan option for a Burnley, Brighton (will score more than Maupay and would this help get the Bissouma deal done?) or Saints (if they can't keep Broja). It would be great to see him in a bottom half PL team for 12 months (not us, I should add!) Getting PL experience before he comes back to us??

He would get a bucketload at Leeds though I prefer not doing any business with them 

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He would get a bucketload at Leeds though I prefer not doing any business with them 

Easier to score in the championship though!

Edited by Nigel
  • Haha 1

Is scrapping at the bottom end of the PL getting little of the ball better for his development than a top 6 Championship team? Personally I don't think so. 

He might be worth keeping around until January again and then loaning him our early in that window

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

Is scrapping at the bottom end of the PL getting little of the ball better for his development than a top 6 Championship team? Personally I don't think so. 

He might be worth keeping around until January again and then loaning him our early in that window

Probably better experience in terms of competing with PL defenders?

I mentioned Saints, Brighton and Burnley - all of whom are established PL teams. Admittedly Burnley are scrapping this season but that may be largely down to the fact that they haven't got a goalscorer?

Archer, 9 goals in 14 first team appearances this season

Balogun, 2 goals and 2 assists in 12 appearances

Gomes, 0 goals and 0 assists in 16 appearances

Gordon, 3 goals and 3 assists in 27

Lewis-Potter, 9 goals and 4 assists in 40 appearances

Madueke, 9 goals and 5 assists in 28 appearances

I am not familiar with these players, maybe Balogun and Gomes are player who offer more than goal threats and that's why they're in there. Gordon is doing it in the PL so was a shoo-in

Archer has scored fifteen goals against first team level this season.

Doesn't really make any sense that he's not with the U21s, Madueke, Gordon, and Lewis-Potter are more wingers/wide forwards, Gomes is more of an attacking midfielder, Balogun the only real actual striker in the squad, and Archer has been out performing him at championship level.

At a rough guess, it will be either because they've 'worked with' Balogun for a long time but Archer is a new face, or because Archer is a player on loan from one unfashionable club at another unfashionable club, or perhaps a little from column A and a little from column B.

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

At a rough guess, it will be either because they've 'worked with' Balogun for a long time but Archer is a new face, or because Archer is a player on loan from one unfashionable club at another unfashionable club, or perhaps a little from column A and a little from column B.

Are we really the equivalent of flares, handlebar moustaches perms and spats 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Or the FA are inept top to bottom. 

Â