Cameron Archer

Zatman

2 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

On the Preston forums, they generally love him, but one criticism seems to be that he's a bit selfish/shows a lack of awareness of teammates (whichever it is). Apparently ignored a pass against Blackpool which could have made it 2-0.

I watched the game and know the chance they mean. It wasn't a case of if he passed it they score, it would have just given the chance to another player to shoot.

He is a selfish goalscorer like a kevin Philips type player for me. They weren't complaining that he should have passed it when he rifled one in from the edge of the box in the first half.

The sky commentary team gave him man of the match and said he was the difference between the two teams. Very positive performance.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, turvontour said:

I watched the game and know the chance they mean. It wasn't a case of if he passed it they score, it would have just given the chance to another player to shoot.

He is a selfish goalscorer like a kevin Philips type player for me. They weren't complaining that he should have passed it when he rifled one in from the edge of the box in the first half.

The sky commentary team gave him man of the match and said he was the difference between the two teams. Very positive performance.

It's been a good learning curve for him.  Hopefully get to see him in pre-season, and if he's not quite ready a full season with Preston again.

43 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

On the Preston forums, they generally love him, but one criticism seems to be that he's a bit selfish/shows a lack of awareness of teammates (whichever it is). Apparently ignored a pass against Blackpool which could have made it 2-0.

yeah, I saw that.....its a tricky one, fine line from being ruthless and clinical and passing too much like Jack....He'd pass from a penalty.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, TRO said:

yeah, I saw that.....its a tricky one, fine line from being ruthless and clinical and passing too much like Jack....He'd pass from a penalty.

It can be a good or bad trait.  Ronaldo is greedy for example, he wants to score as many as possible.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, duke313 said:

It can be a good or bad trait.  Ronaldo is greedy for example, he wants to score as many as possible.

You get certain players who are infuriatingly greedy, as long as he's not like that, all good.

9 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Massive difference in the prem to the Championship. But the one thing that makes me still think he would score in the prem is his setting up to shoot. He tends to get the ball under instant control which means he can hit the ball slightly earlier . And thats either setting up with his left or right. Genuinely cannot tell which is his stronger side which is a massive plus for him. 

Yes - and I know your comment was positive, so this isn't a critique of that.

But he will be playing with the likes of Countinho, Buendia, Digne and Cash - players who will carve out chances for him. 
He isn't a player who will carve out his own chances every game, which I suspect was the issue at Moors (well, that and his youth) - I just hope he's a player who will convert the chances our better players create. 

My concern is we seem to be dependant on Watkins to be that 'presence' up front - can Archer do that, or will he need to play in a 2? 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

You get certain players who are infuriatingly greedy, as long as he's not like that, all good.

He's still young, so hopefully over time he can learn when to pass and when to shoot.  But he's instinctively a great finisher, If he has the right service he'll score for fun. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Steero113 said:

Money Down The Drain GIFs | Tenor

Big Phil going through the threads slapping price tags on people...

We need to add funds to the 500m warchest SG is getting, Haaland, De Vrij, Bissouma, Rice, Tierney and maybe one more, maybe De Jong all incoming.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Phil Silvers said:

We need to add funds to the 500m warchest SG is getting, Haaland, De Vrij, Bissouma, Rice, Tierney and maybe one more, maybe De Jong all incoming.

'The Witton Galacticos'

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

'The Witton Galacticos'

In all seriousness though, I'd be happy just getting Haaland, Bissouma and DeVrij from that list, we have to be realistic, we cannot just sign whoever we want, there will be competition.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Phil Silvers said:

In all seriousness though, I'd be happy just getting Haaland, Bissouma and DeVrij from that list, we have to be realistic, we cannot just sign whoever we want, there will be competition.

No player can resist the enamelled dentures of Senor Lange. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Massive difference in the prem to the Championship. But the one thing that makes me still think he would score in the prem is his setting up to shoot. He tends to get the ball under instant control which means he can hit the ball slightly earlier . And thats either setting up with his left or right. Genuinely cannot tell which is his stronger side which is a massive plus for him. 

He reminds me of Adam Armstrong 

I’ve watched at least 60% of his matches for Preston and he looks fantastic and his positioning for a through ball is always spot on. Finds space between defenders and times it better than anyone else I’ve seen for a while to hardly ever be offside. He’s often positioned for a simple throughball as well yet the quality of that ball from the midfielders is appalling. He also has decent strength, pace and awareness and can shoot just as lethally with both feet.

Can’t help but feel that the likes of Coutinho and Buendia would love him and is worthy of a chance.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, turvontour said:

I totally forgot Kevin Phillips played for us as well.

Another extremely under appreciated / underrated player throughout his career in the grand scheme of things.

Lethal little man!

What we thought McCormack and Hogan would be! Lol

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

15 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Stick him in front of a highlights reel of El Ghazi and just shouting "don't do that" every time El Ghazi rifles one out for a goal kick, throw in or damages a seat in the 2nd tier. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, skarroki said:

Stick him in front of a highlights reel of El Ghazi and just shouting "don't do that" every time El Ghazi rifles one out for a goal kick, throw in or damages a seat in the 2nd tier. 

Yep I couldn't think of an example but AEG no doubt!

9 hours ago, stegzy said:

I’ve watched at least 60% of his matches for Preston and he looks fantastic and his positioning for a through ball is always spot on. Finds space between defenders and times it better than anyone else I’ve seen for a while to hardly ever be offside. He’s often positioned for a simple throughball as well yet the quality of that ball from the midfielders is appalling. He also has decent strength, pace and awareness and can shoot just as lethally with both feet.

Can’t help but feel that the likes of Coutinho and Buendia would love him and is worthy of a chance.

I can’t say I’ve watched him that much but do you think he’s potentially better than Watkins? 

Â