Cameron Archer

Zatman

1 hour ago, useless said:

If Ings and Watkins were to get injured then Davis is would be in the team ahead of Archer, it's not that Davis is better than Archer, but he's more likely to get selected to play the lone striker role.

Thought Davis was still injured, or at least still working his way back to full fitness.

I think that's a terrible idea anyway. Davis has never performed well as a lone striker. His best performances are when he has Ollie to play off.

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

He's in a brilliant run of form, but he's nowhere near the quality of Ings or Watkins.

I know you watched the game on the box and I was there at the stadium he has that knack of being in the right place that cannot be taught but i thought Davis offered more to the team.

Not saying Archer cannot develop that part of his game but it's not premier league level yet.

15 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

I know you watched the game on the box and I was there at the stadium he has that knack of being in the right place that cannot be taught but i thought Davis offered more to the team.

Not saying Archer cannot develop that part of his game but it's not premier league level yet.

Kane and Ings aren't particularly strong, quick or skillful... But give them half a chance and the ball is in the back of the net. That's made them the top PL scorers in the last few years. 

Archer has that. 

• Like 2

How much can you judge in a game against MK Dons reserves. What I like about Archer is how he performed against Chelsea. The opposition didn't faze him. If Davies after a very very good game against poor opposition is going to jump ahead of Archer in the pecking order then its poor management from Smith 

16 minutes ago, PaulC said:

How much can you judge in a game against MK Dons reserves. What I like about Archer is how he performed against Chelsea. The opposition didn't faze him. If Davies after a very very good game against poor opposition is going to jump ahead of Archer in the pecking order then its poor management from Smith 

a finish is a finish and both were decent, without watching the game that was my take, his finishing is there 

that said vs chelsea i thought he had a good game but actually missed a chance that in other games he's been dinking the keeper like he's got a cheat code

He was playing for our U21s, six of the players still young enough to play in the U18 Premier League, MK Dons might not have played their strongest team but it still would have been mostly if not entirely made up of players with first team experience. Pretty much all the Football League teams play weakened teams in this competion, but in general you still see a big gap in quality between those teams and the U21 teams, which is why every round of matches there are usually a couple of instances of PL teams losing by a big margin. His second goal was a good finish regardless of the opposition, a lot of players would have snatched at that and put it wide, or hit it straight at the goalkeeper.

7 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

I think archer would really struggle in the first team right now because we are creating so little. He is a pure finisher, a predator, with nothing to feed off he would just be pedestrian. 

It stands to reason given that Ings and Watkins haven't been able to score many either. 

• 2 weeks later...

If all he does is give away stupid fouls he might as well keep playing with the kids.

I know it was a difficult game to come on but that doesn't excuse stupidity, especially when that's your only contribution and you do it repeatedly.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, NeilS said:

Good news today on his new deal. Well deserved, hope to see him get a few more first team opportunities as the season progresses.

Archer pens need deal

Aston Villa is delighted to announce that Cameron Archer has signed a new contract with the club.

Archer, who turned 20 earlier this week, has agreed a deal which will keep him at the club until 2025.

The striker has enjoyed a fine start to the season in front of goal after netting a hat-trick against Barrow in the Carabao Cup on what was his first senior start.

He has gone on to score seven more times this campaign in both the Carabao Cup and in the Papa John’s Trophy.

Great news....He's our forward line future imo. Left foot, right foot, with his head, pace, quick feet. The kid has all the right attributes to be a PL forward, And a bloody good one. 

Â