Cameron Archer

Zatman

Something that people seem to forget with him is that in most of his appearances for us he's played as a wide forward in a front three, and he played mostly wide for Solihull last season as well. And I think that's where he'd likely play for the first team, especially if we go back to playing one up front. He's different from Watkins though, he's more direct and pacey, Watkins can be those things, but perhaps they're more prevalent in Archer's game, Watkins has developed into a player that can play the lone striker role very well, I'm not even sure if we'd play Archer as a lone striker even if both Ings and OW11 were both injured.

• Like 2

Judging from how the rest of the youngsters are slowing being introduced to the first team, I don’t have any worries that he will be rushed in to try and aid our inconsistent start to the season.

His future looks bright, hopefully in the next 12-18 months he will start to see more minutes for the first team.

If we go out of the cup in the 3rd or 4th round, I could definitely see him going out on loan. I’d rather he went to league 1 than the championship if it will mean he gets more game time.

Apparently we are trying to get him for Jamaica, as he is eligible through his mother.

( Also eligible for England and Wales )

🇯🇲 Need all the help we can get though.

Antonio, Archer and Bailey are a very decent front line.

Shame we are shite in most other areas though.

Apparently it's incorrect that he's eligible to play for Wales, he qualifies for Jamaica though, I've think we've got a few others that also qualify for that famous Caribbean island nation, Davis being one of them. Makes it all the more surprising that England didn't call him up to the U21s if there's a risk of him deciding to play for another country, not just that but he's doing better than most of the other attackers that got called up.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Apparently we are trying to get him for Jamaica, as he is eligible through his mother.

( Also eligible for England and Wales )

🇯🇲 Need all the help we can get though.

Antonio, Archer and Bailey are a very decent front line.

Shame we are shite in most other areas though.

would he get games straight away do you think?

59 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

would he get games straight away do you think?

I definitely think he would mate.

He is quick, and can finish, has pedigree.

Some of the players in there are from the likes of the Egyptian League, lower MLS, Championship and other random leagues.

On the occasions I've seen us perform well, we've been 10 times more wasteful than Villa. Chance on top of chance with horrible end product.

They are quick and can get forward, but can't finish for high hell.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I definitely think he would mate.

He is quick, and can finish, has pedigree.

Some of the players in their are from the likes of the Egyptian League, lower MLS, Championship and other random leagues.

On the occasions I've seen us perform well, we've been 10 times more wasteful than Villa.

They are quick and can get forward, bit can't finish for high hell.

guessing it's unlikely that he would declare so early though. he'll probably evaluate his chances of england first

i don't know about other teams' youth prospects but not seen many other young england strikers starting to break through. lots of forward players but not an abundance of out and out strikers. he's got as good a chance as any i guess

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, useless said:

Apparently it's incorrect that he's eligible to play for Wales, he qualifies for Jamaica though, I've think we've got a few others that also qualify for that famous Caribbean island nation, Davis being one of them. Makes it all the more surprising that England didn't call him up to the U21s if there's a risk of him deciding to play for another country, not just that but he's doing better than most of the other attackers that got called up.

I'd love if Keinan chose us as well.

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

guessing it's unlikely that he would declare so early though. he'll probably evaluate his chances of england first

i don't know about other teams' youth prospects but not seen many other young england strikers starting to break through. lots of forward players but not an abundance of out and out strikers. he's got as good a chance as any i guess

True, after Kane and DCL not many names pop. Is Ivan Toney English? I think he has Jamaican heritage as well. 🤣. Also Grabban, but not sure what happened there.

55 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

True, after Kane and DCL not many names pop. Is Ivan Toney English? I think he has Jamaican heritage as well. 🤣. Also Grabban, but not sure what happened there.

DCL is only 24 to be fair so will probably pick up the mantle in a couple of years. ollie too obviously. greenwood is only 20 but is he a striker? i think there's definitely an opportunity for someone in a few years time

edit: toney has already rejected the chance to play for Jamaica so think that ship has sailed. 

Edited by tomav84
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, villalad21 said:

He really isn't something different. 

He is similar to Watkins. 

Keinan Davis is that different type of striker. 

He reminds me of Defoe or Vardy....lightning quick, with a good first touch....looks a real prospect to me....needs games to develop further.

I would honestly just give him the first 45 minutes against West Ham and drop both Ings and Watkins. See what he can do. It'd be hard for him to play himself into the side otherwise with the miniscule amount of minutes he gets as a late sub if he even comes on.

Edited by Laughable Chimp

If Ings and Watkins were to get injured then Davis is would be in the team ahead of Archer, it's not that Davis is better than Archer, but he's more likely to get selected to play the lone striker role.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

I would honestly just give him the first 45 minutes against West Ham and drop both Ings and Watkins. See what he can do. It'd be hard for him to play himself into the side otherwise with the miniscule amount of minutes he gets as a late sub if he even comes on.

LOL could you imagine...deano would be absolutely slaughtered if he did that

Â