Cameron Archer

Zatman

11 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

You look far too deeply into pure numbers, coming from someone who loves stats.

They're very useful. Use the eyes and the stats. It's based on the fact that there xG is a better gauge of consistent performance over time as goals scored goes up and down either side of the xG

2 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

It would be a serious mistake to sell him.

They have already made one mistake with him by sending him out on loan this season. He would have been a much better option than Duran. He would have filled his boots this season with us.

In another season he will be worth double your £20m.

2 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

Just bookmarking this for after his first 20-goal season in the PL ;)

I’d love it if he gets to become that player for us. 

2 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

They have already made one mistake with him by sending him out on loan this season

He’s filling his boots in the Championship and we have I think the third best record in the PL since the World Cup… I think it’s a successful move all round, even though I agree with you on his potential and hope he is in the mix for us next season.

1 hour ago, Adam2003 said:

He’s filling his boots in the Championship and we have I think the third best record in the PL since the World Cup… I think it’s a successful move all round, even though I agree with you on his potential and hope he is in the mix for us next season.

to me to me he looks a better prospect than Duran, which admittedly is based on a very small sample of minutes from Duran on the pitch.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Why would we accept that?

We were spending that money on likes of McCormack and Kodjia seven years ago.

Considering Boro will have 100m + coming in if they go up starting price should be 25m given his age and goal record at many levels over last 18 months.

We had to pay that price to get in Mings full time as Bournemouth knew how important he was going to be for us so could push it up by 10m.

Same here.

£25m was the number I had in mind as well… not sure if Boro would fork out that much though, even with the prem money coming in. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Tayls said:

If middlesborough are promoted, and they came in with an offer of £10-15million, should we accept? 

We'd be absolutely mental to sell him. 

Mental. 

Even half good strikers are rare as hen's teeth now.

Chris Wood went for £25m and he's total dogs**t. Isak is reasonable and he cost £65m.

Let him develop here. 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Tayls said:

If middlesborough are promoted, and they came in with an offer of £10-15million, should we accept? 

Not in my opinion. I would have nly sell if we had a buy back clause but I would live him to make it here.

1 hour ago, Steero113 said:

We'd be absolutely mental to sell him. 

Mental. 

Even half good strikers are rare as hen's teeth now.

Chris Wood went for £25m and he's total dogs**t. Isak is reasonable and he cost £65m.

Let him develop here. 

Where do we play him? He would be behind watkins and duran. Potentially another striker too if emery fancies another. 

Its a big issue I think 

5 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

We aRe getting 20m easy for him of he is sold in summer 

I wouldnt be opposed to selling with 1st option clause

That clown went to Chelsea for 20m.  Definitely wouldn’t be selling Archer for that.  Also a player we bought for 18m won’t be going out on loan imo

16 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Loan fee of 5 mil. They can spend the rest of the promotion money on areas of need. Archer gets prem starts. 

this. we still don't know if he can cut it in this league and the few cameos he's had so far (albeit small and rare) he's not really had an impact.

time to start acting like a big club and loaning players to lesser PL teams to develop. if not boro then someone like palace would be ideal

57 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Loan fee of 5 mil. They can spend the rest of the promotion money on areas of need. Archer gets prem starts. 

Pretty much what Axel T cost us I believe 

Â