Cameron Archer

Zatman

Hope they get promoted and want him back on loan, He should be guaranteed to start for them whereas won't here. 

Will be great for his development and makes a change from us developing other clubs players 

17 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Hope they get promoted and want him back on loan, He should be guaranteed to start for them whereas won't here. 

Will be great for his development and makes a change from us developing other clubs players 

If they get promoted, I wouldn't be surprised if they try to sign him on a permanent deal.

On 20/03/2023 at 21:26, MWARLEY2 said:

There are levels that Cam will have to hit . It is a big step into the Prem. Players like Solanke who we saw on Saturday were monsters in the Champ but ineffective in the Prem. 

BUT Cam is different i think. Those finishes are so clean and crisp. How he finds space against giant cbs and how he is more thsn a match for them strengthwise now he is getting older. Still got massive faith he will make it with us, but at the same time if he doesnt he will go on and have a great career elsewhere . 

The thing is we are looking to break into the European places in the strongest league in the world. So we will need by definition more and more world class players to do this. All of our kids if they are going to make it at Villa will have to be that kind of level. Cam will need to be Rashford levels or Saka levels  

Thats the reality these days . Despite that i still think he can do it . He is learning every game . 9.64 out of 10 on whoscored on Saturday . He was everywhere . 

We have to provide better quality service, for our strikers to get amongst the bigger numbers.....I think only when he is given a chance, in the Prem, will he improve and settle in....its a bit catch 22.

We know, its a bit of both, but the crosses coming in have to be better....a winger has to produce quality balls in, on a regular basis.

I don't think there is a firm opinion on Cam one way or the other, so it would be folly to sell him.

There will come a time, when that judgment will be more clear, but right now, I don't think it is....so we don't sell...I still see a "defoe" in him.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

England made eight subs, but he didn't get on the pitch at all, despite England needing goals and him being the only striker in the squad, doesn't say much for how much they rate him. Not sure it says much for Engand decision making either, not necessarily because Archer is an amazing striker or anything like that, but was obvious it wasn't working for them playing without any striker at all, if the try that in Euros won't get very far.

It's not as if Archer has let them down in previous games, he has four goals in five appearance, plus two in two for the U20s.

Understand that if they're going to Euros with one striker then it makes sense to practice playing without one, but not the whole match, especailly bearing in mind they played a third of the last match without a striker as well.

10 minutes ago, useless said:

England made eight subs, but he didn't get on the pitch at all, despite England needing goals and him being the only striker in the squad, doesn't say much for how much they rate him. Not sure it says much for Engand decision making either, not necessarily because Archer is an amazing striker or anything like that, but was obvious it wasn't working for them playing without any striker at all, if the try that in Euros won't get very far.

It's not as if Archer has let them down in previous games, he has four goals in five appearance, plus two in two for the U20s.

Understand that if they're going to Euros with one striker then it makes sense to practice playing without one, but not the whole match, especailly bearing in mind they played a third of the last match without a striker as well.

It’s England though, the take your brain out and forget all common sense coaching school of football. 

Need a goal?!? Bring on a striker perhaps??? Nah

I'm watching second half and Middlesbrough concede three in first ten minutes, they look all over the place. Apparently should have scored more themselves in first half, so sounds like a complete turnaround.

I would say the toughest position to break into are keeper and centre forward. You're competing for pretty much one slot and when you get a shot you're measured on what you concede or what you score. 

I'd keen Archer out on loan, particularly if Boro come up and want to keep him. It wouldn't surprise me though if he gets less minutes behind Akpom as Boro adjust a bit and play more defensively.

All of this is great experience. No rush for him at all 

10 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

There’s a strong chance he won’t ever make it here unfortunately. 

Yeah, Emery said that he is looking to get another striker and is working to bring Duran up to speed. No way we have 4 strikers next season so, at the very best, Archer gets loaned out again. But if we get a good offer like 15-20m I think the club will sell. 

14 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Yeah, Emery said that he is looking to get another striker and is working to bring Duran up to speed. No way we have 4 strikers next season so, at the very best, Archer gets loaned out again. But if we get a good offer like 15-20m I think the club will sell. 

Yep I said it before, we’d all love it if he became a 20 goal a season striker here. But I think he’s not going to get the opportunity. This summer his stock will be at its highest, especially if boro go up. 

25 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

If you lack in physicality, you have to be exceptional, to play up front.....Vardy managed it through pace and awareness...contrastingly Tony Hately was prolific with us, mainly in the air.....you have to have your way, to score. If they can do everything, they are very lucky.

I am not saying physicality alone, will see you through, but is a hard task holding off defenders, when The officials let so much go now, to counter going down too easily....if a player is not that quick, its easy to negate him.

What ever a front mans forte is.....he has to score goals with it.

I watched Cam last night, and it wasn't one of his best games......he has a  way to go, imo.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

I think the story was we wanted £15m for Davis last year? Forest clearly didn't fancy it despite signing 200 players.

I would imagine we'll ask for similar for Archer.

I'd like him to get a go here, but I'm not sure we're going to have enough games to get him in.

52 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

One more season on loan for a good Loan fee and then decide summer 24 on his future 

Yeah, I've absolutely no idea why anyone would think we're likely to sell a player with such potential now. He's going to either go on another years loan or be back here next year, no question. 

Â