Cameron Archer

Zatman

9 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

Loan fee of 5 mil. They can spend the rest of the promotion money on areas of need. Archer gets prem starts. 

And then they spend 30m on a Spanish striker just because they can and Archer doesn't play .

Do not sell. Do not loan.

Sometimes you have to out your money where your mouth is and actually develop your youngsters, not play lip service.

He should get a full season on Loan to either Boro if they come up or to a top Championship side. He's still not even had a full season of Championship football. Let's see how he is at end of next season

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

It just never happens though does it in reality?

Not that often but it does happen, usually in Spain mind.  Example, Madrid loaned Casemiro to Porto, they activated the option to buy but Madrid had a buy back option which they then activated, and the rest is history.

It's more of a safety net, to prevent the Cahill scenario from happening again.  We sell a player who's not quite good enough at the minute, and if they turn good after a couple of seasons we buy them back, if they are rubbish, we don't. 

On 11/03/2023 at 17:14, rodders0223 said:

Around the first team for me next season with Tim and Aaron. I hope Emery feels the same way

I want to see players like our youth and Duran. I want to see them grow and develop I want to stop seeing us waste money

We need to think more 25 not 11.

Cam is too good to sell...if that makes sense.

I understand the book balancing, but surely we can keep Cam, while he's developing.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

And then they spend 30m on a Spanish striker just because they can and Archer doesn't play .

Do not sell. Do not loan.

Sometimes you have to out your money where your mouth is and actually develop your youngsters, not play lip service.

I wouldn't sell....but loaning is helping his development and his stock.

suerly we can afford to wait for him, to develop in to a Prem Striker.......but the only way we will know that, is by playing him.

its all about timing, we are still establishing ourselves in the league, and trying for the top half, so risks are few.......I think he is the future.

Who knows it could be Duran and Archer in a few seasons, back to big man little man.

He still reminds me of Defoe.....and if he turns out that good, we are in clover.....we cannot take a risk by selling.

He currently has a hit rate of 2.8 ( on loan )similar to Ollies rate.....at 21 and playing at adopted clubs, that is very good.

Edited by TRO

7 hours ago, duke313 said:

Not that often but it does happen, usually in Spain mind.  Example, Madrid loaned Casemiro to Porto, they activated the option to buy but Madrid had a buy back option which they then activated, and the rest is history.

It's more of a safety net, to prevent the Cahill scenario from happening again.  We sell a player who's not quite good enough at the minute, and if they turn good after a couple of seasons we buy them back, if they are rubbish, we don't. 

We've been here before...can see it working for real Madrid, barca etc but a mid table PL team?

Don't see it personally, if we sell someone it's because we either won't give them a chance or we don't rate them and they will join a team who will and do, the draw and affinity to villa will diminish the minute we push them out of the door

If boro sign him, they gove him the chance he needs, he has a stormer there, plays every game scores 20, gets in the england set up and we try and buy him back I don't think his opinion of villa would be higher than his opinion of boro

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

We've been here before...can see it working for real Madrid, barca etc but a mid table PL team?

Don't see it personally, if we sell someone it's because we either won't give them a chance or we don't rate them and they will join a team who will and do, the draw and affinity to villa will diminish the minute we push them out of the door

If boro sign him, they gove him the chance he needs, he has a stormer there, plays every game scores 20, gets in the england set up and we try and buy him back I don't think his opinion of villa would be higher than his opinion of boro

If we're in a better position than Middlesbrough, which under Emery and with our backing we should be comfortably. I think his opinion will be higher.

48 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

If we're in a better position than Middlesbrough, which under Emery and with our backing we should be comfortably. I think his opinion will be higher.

Based on what?

Like I said real Madrid have that lofty position over over teams to always have players want to go back

Villa don't and won't, villa show archer the door, he's scores a boat load for boro as they finish 16th, villa in 6th want him back you think he does? I don't, he won't forget that we showed him the door just because we're 6th 

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Based on what?

Like I said real Madrid have that lofty position over over teams to always have players want to go back

Villa don't and won't, villa show archer the door, he's scores a boat load for boro as they finish 16th, villa in 6th want him back you think he does? I don't, he won't forget that we showed him the door just because we're 6th 

He is a Villa fan though. Different with a player who isn't.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Based on what?

If we're willing to pay a buyback fee for someone, you'd think we have some plan for them to get plenty of minutes. Why on earth wouldn't a player want to move from a side in 16th to 6th?

Just now, Tom13 said:

If we're willing to pay a buyback fee for someone, you'd think we have some plan for them to get plenty of minutes. Why on earth wouldn't a player want to move from a side in 16th to 6th?

Move back is the key 

Why would a player who can't get games at villa, can't get a chance at villa and then is deemed not good enough leave villa take the chance given to him by someone else and then want to go back to villa?

The villa fan angle might make it interesting but I would imagine there would have to be at least some resentment which would stop him coming back 

Loan is one thing but selling and buying back is another all together, I think buy back clauses are really rare and almost exclusively work for the biggest teams 

On 19/03/2023 at 04:05, rodders0223 said:

His touch and sharpness is just that of a proper striker. Saw a few of them at Preston, takes shots so quickly. Chat of sell him...absolute madness .

Yes, I'm totally bemused why anyone would think we might even contemplate selling him. He seems to have the lot. We're never going to contemplate selling him till we've seen if he can replicate that in The Premier League. 

Some people don't seem to understand that going out on loan doesn't mean a player is not in long term plans. It's perfectly normal career development at his age. 

If he doesn't make it in the PL then he's already proved he's worth £15m to an aspiring Championship team, but he's got to be tested at a higher level first. 

• Like 4

There are levels that Cam will have to hit . It is a big step into the Prem. Players like Solanke who we saw on Saturday were monsters in the Champ but ineffective in the Prem. 

BUT Cam is different i think. Those finishes are so clean and crisp. How he finds space against giant cbs and how he is more thsn a match for them strengthwise now he is getting older. Still got massive faith he will make it with us, but at the same time if he doesnt he will go on and have a great career elsewhere . 

The thing is we are looking to break into the European places in the strongest league in the world. So we will need by definition more and more world class players to do this. All of our kids if they are going to make it at Villa will have to be that kind of level. Cam will need to be Rashford levels or Saka levels  

Thats the reality these days . Despite that i still think he can do it . He is learning every game . 9.64 out of 10 on whoscored on Saturday . He was everywhere . 

• Like 2

Â