Cameron Archer

Zatman

Don't see any world in which he is not getting minutes for us next season off the bench most likely but on the regular.

Guy scores goals. Everywhere he's been since Solihull. Every competition. Every team. Every step up.

He scores goals.

• Like 4

tbh, if you read the Boro forum, they are very complimentary about his finishing ability, but even the Boro fans are saying his all round game isnt there yet.

Personally, I dont think he will be in the squad next season, i think he will be loaned out again, or maybe even sold if a very good offer comes in.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:

I do sometimes try to read the opinions of fans on other forums but usually it’s impossible because they don’t have threads for individual players. It’s mental.

VT has its quirks but it’s miles ahead of the other forums.

yeah i also get irked that many other forums dont even have a player specific thread, its maddening! 😆

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Don't see any world in which he is not getting minutes for us next season off the bench most likely but on the regular.

It will be interesting, it looks like Watkins is well suited for our forward role and I expect someone comes in to play up there with him and if Bailey sticks around he will compete for that spot/wide midfielder.

I imagine we get Archer and Duran in during pre-season and it's going to be a battle to see who's back up to Watkins/support striker role. Unless we get Europe, we don't need both of them IMO and one will be better off out on loan. Archer is 2 years older than Duran but I feel the latter offers us something we don't have currently. 

14 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:

I do sometimes try to read the opinions of fans on other forums but usually it’s impossible because they don’t have threads for individual players. It’s mental.

VT has its quirks but it’s miles ahead of the other forums.

Page 2456 of 2789 on the players forum mate. Duh.

3 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Personally, I dont think he will be in the squad next season, i think he will be loaned out again, or maybe even sold if a very good offer comes in.

Yep I think his stock is at its highest. He’s shown 2 seasons in a row he can score at championship level. If boro come up I think we could get £20m for him to them. Would be a very hard offer to turn down. 

15 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Yep I think his stock is at its highest. He’s shown 2 seasons in a row he can score at championship level. If boro come up I think we could get £20m for him to them. Would be a very hard offer to turn down. 

It would be a serious mistake to sell him.

They have already made one mistake with him by sending him out on loan this season. He would have been a much better option than Duran. He would have filled his boots this season with us.

In another season he will be worth double your £20m.

• Like 1

He's only got an xG per 90 of 0.35 he needs to be close to 0.5 in the Championship to make it at Prem level. Watkins was at 0.55 xG in his last season in Championship.

He needs another full season on Loan for me 

Edited by CVByrne
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, AntrimBlack said:

It would be a serious mistake to sell him.

They have already made one mistake with him by sending him out on loan this season. He would have been a much better option than Duran. He would have filled his boots this season with us.

In another season he will be worth double your £20m.

It's going to be an interesting one for the club.

I was hoping we'd get some chances under Emery but didn't happen and we'll surely have more depth upfront start of next season so will be really hard to break through if we sign another establisher attacker and Duran has a good pre season.

I'd love for him to get a chance but it looks less likely than this season.

Also dosen't 20m + for a youth product look very good on the FFP accounts so that's another thing for Boro to consider.

This lad can finish so to me it's a shame he hasn't had significant minutes for us in premier league. I assume we'll do what the rest do and put a buyback clause in any deal.

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

He's only got an xG per 90 of 0.35 he needs to be close to 0.5 in the Championship to make it at Prem level. Watkins was at 0.55 xG in his last season in Championship.

He needs another full season on Loan for me 

You look far too deeply into pure numbers, coming from someone who loves stats.

Â