Cameron Archer

Zatman

14 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

Setting up Akpom instead of lashing off a shot for his potential hattrick is the moment thag convinced me this kid is a Premier League striker. 100% believe he will be a key part of the squad next season.

If a PL team was looking to sign an English kid playing at this level now for the third placed team in the Championship they would drop £15-20m without question.

Especially since we know he can lift it into the roof the net from there. Both his assists came from positions where we know he can score but he was willing to find the better option. 

• Like 3

On 11/04/2023 at 15:55, Rolta said:

This is hardly evidence of anything! And you ignored my point entirely. He's not the same player as Buendia. Watching him play actual football makes it clear that he has something to offer.

9 hours ago, bobzy said:

Sure, sure, he can finish.  But can we really have a 2ft 5in as a striker in our team?  What would Elphick say?

"He's too tall for me to mark"?

On 15/04/2023 at 14:52, Adam2003 said:

I think how good Watkins is playing is great for him, as I think it reduces likelihood we splash out on a striker. Watkins will be our main man going into next season and we are unlikely to spend tens of millions on a backup - so the likes of Archer and Duran have it all to play for.

I hope so, the whole point of.us prioritising the development of the academy was for us to mould these youngsters into, fingers crossed, first team players. The two players you mention are certainly looking like they have a good chance of achieving that target. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Khizzy said:

Has to be backup to Ollie next season. Loan out Duran to our feeder club and hope he does well in a half decent league. 

Might be tongue in cheek, but let's not call Vitoria our feeder club.  It's supposedly going to be a symbiotic relationship. 

Â