Cameron Archer

Zatman

15 minutes ago, lexicon said:

This. Time to stick or twist. 

Sounds like Emery has decided given he said that he wants to bring in another striker only last week.  That’s unless Emery is sending Duran out on loan next season and bringing Archer back in as third striker.

Edited by nick76

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Oh my. Offside but a stunning finish by Archer. Absolutely lashed home from a tight angle. 

Unreal finish. We need this guy in our squad next season. If we ever find ourselves chasing a goal late on, I can't think of a better player to bring on to nick a goal. He'll finish from any angle.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, TRO said:

It does require games, but games alone, may not be enough...he needs coaching and directing within a team pattern.

Look at how Ollie has come on with some top level coaching, he had games, but not the tuition......my suspicion is, Michael Carrick is not at that level yet to guide Cam.

Maybe a spell with Vitoria, or come back to have one on ones with Unai.

I watched the Middlesbrough Burnley game and I thought Tella was far more lively than Cam, sure a bit older, but much sharper and commited.

Cam has around 30 starts in the championship and league Cup put together. He is seriously lacking in experience. He doesn't have one full season of starts in the championship, let alone prem. 

Coaching is important, but games are key. Picking the right club for him to go on loan to is important, but staying here at Villa won't do him much good if he is not going to get games.

Duran still needs to acclimatise to the new country, home, club, footballing culture, as well as the tactics, and style of football. Also his age is such that time is on his side. Plus just his raw physical abilities make him a weapon already. As a result Duran being second or third choice makes the most sense. 

We are a striker light without Cam, but for Cam to become good enough for Villa, or simply to maximise his sale value, a first team football is essential, and he will struggle to get that here. 

While we are becoming a possession based team, most of our possession is in our own half, as we look to draw the press, then exploit the space that leaves. So we are also a team that looks to exploit the transitions and similar scenarios. So possession based, or a counter attacking team that plays on the deck will be equally useful for Archer. A manager that has a track record with young players should also be a requirement.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Another loan at  championship club would be more useful imo.

Primera Liga is a higher level than the Championship, and add European games to that. Would be good for his development to experience something different.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Primera Liga is a higher level than the Championship, and add European games to that. Would be good for his development to experience something different.

Outside of the top 4 I wouldn't say so. It has a big drop in quality the lower you go down the table, more so than the Championship. It probably has more revenue in than Primeria Liga if you exclude European football.

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

I think it's a good idea. A different style can round his game out more and he'll be playing a higher level of opposition at times like Benfica, Porto, Sporting et al. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Outside of the top 4 I wouldn't say so. It has a big drop in quality the lower you go down the table, more so than the Championship. It probably has more revenue in than Primeria Liga if you exclude European football.

Yes, the Championship is more competitive. But that doesn’t mean it’s a higher quality than the Portuguese top flight. But even if the bottom teams in Portugal are championship level, playing against the big Portuguese teams and European teams would be more beneficial than playing Rotherham or Hull every other week.

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

Yes, the Championship is more competitive. But that doesn’t mean it’s a higher quality than the Portuguese top flight. But even if the bottom teams in Portugal are championship level, playing against the big Portuguese teams and European teams would be more beneficial than playing Rotherham or Hull every other week.

It really isn’t.  Championship is very physical and half the teams are void of football.  U don’t get many teams in Portuguese league hoofing the ball into the box

5 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

It really isn’t.  Championship is very physical and half the teams are void of football.  U don’t get many teams in Portuguese league hoofing the ball into the box

How are teams playing hoofball going to benefit our loan players? They’d get much more beneficial training playing for and against teams that pass the ball in tight spaces, something they will need to be able to do if they want to play for us.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, duke313 said:

How are teams playing hoofball going to benefit our loan players? They’d get much more beneficial training playing for and against teams that pass the ball in tight spaces, something they will need to be able to do if they want to play for us.

Especially since Archer is a midget. 

5 hours ago, duke313 said:

I'm pretty sure he was agreeing with you?

• Like 1

Â