Cameron Archer

Zatman

7 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Surely he's in the squad next year. 

This is 2 impressive short term loan spells. 

What more do we need to see?

The problem is he's not good enough to play the support role to Watkins so unless we get Europe he's not going to get minutes. If we don't use him, it's better to cash in so we can use that money elsewhere. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

The problem is he's not good enough to play the support role to Watkins so unless we get Europe he's not going to get minutes. If we don't use him, it's better to cash in so we can use that money elsewhere. 

I think he could support Watkins.

I think Watkins could play that wider role incredibly well and Archer could go down the middle as well.

He's lethal in front of goal, I think everything else he could be a fraction short of a top half PL player.

I agree if we don't get Europe (likely) he's likely to struggle for mins. £12m could be useful.

4 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

How do we know that? 

He's been superb on both loan spells. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bosnichs Muller corner said:

It's been incredible loans for Archer and Ramsey. I can't recall any quite so successful. Be interesting to see what Unai makes of it next season considering we are forecast to spend big

If we do qualify for Europe it would be great to have them in the squad.  Otherwise letting Carrick keep working with them would be decent, especially if they go up.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I think he could support Watkins.

I think Watkins could play that wider role incredibly well and Archer could go down the middle as well.

He's lethal in front of goal, I think everything else he could be a fraction short of a top half PL player.

I agree if we don't get Europe (likely) he's likely to struggle for mins. £12m could be useful.

I could be wrong but I think for that support role Emery will go with someone who has more of an all round game in terms of passing and ability to drop into midfield and I don't think Archer can do it. He's a very good finisher and if Watkins was somehow leaving this summer I'd spend the money on a top support player and let Archer play up front.

Watkins could do the wide role better than Archer can but there's no reason to mess with Watkins now, he knows the role and what is needed. As much as I'd like to I just can't see Archer and Watkins playing together, hope I am proved wrong mind I really like the kid. He reminds me a bit of Defoe.

7 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

I could be wrong but I think for that support role Emery will go with someone who has more of an all round game in terms of passing and ability to drop into midfield and I don't think Archer can do it. He's a very good finisher and if Watkins was somehow leaving this summer I'd spend the money on a top support player and let Archer play up front.

Watkins could do the wide role better than Archer can but there's no reason to mess with Watkins now, he knows the role and what is needed. As much as I'd like to I just can't see Archer and Watkins playing together, hope I am proved wrong mind I really like the kid. He reminds me a bit of Defoe.

Watkins doesn't have the passing ability for the wide role either. The pass to Ramsey which eventually led to his goal VS Forest the perfect example. That ball had to be played in front of Ramsey so he could shoot. Worked out nicely in the end, but just one of many examples.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I have to say maybw might bw bettee to loan duran out and have archee around next season this is red hot form he is on

For me now with the link established and Duran being fluent in Portuguese it just seems like an obvious step to send him over to Vitoria, get a season of football under his belt in a top flight and in a European competition. See what he can do there, he's still young and lots to learn. 

Archer for me needs to be given a go. We can re-assess in January if it's going wrong, recall Duran and send Archer out again or sell. 

He can't do anything else now to prove he needs a chance here, this is more than enough proof. 

• Like 4

Cam needs to get the minutes Ings has next season.

Even under Emery Danny Ings started v Man. United in the cup and then three days later v Brighton. Then got pretty much half hour v Wolves when he scored and about 70 minutes v Leeds coming on for Ollie in his last game for us.

That's a proper chance for Cam not being left on the bench for a league cup tie at Bolton and then getting a token sub cameo with 10 minutes left at Forest when we were playing horribly under you know who.

It's an interesting decision for the club this summer. We're in similar situation to what Arsenal are with Balogun given how well his loan move has gone in France and seems by all accounts they'll let him leave as he dosen't want to go back to being 3rd/4th choice.

Can see Leicester signing him if they stay up. Perhaps if DS gets the job full time he'll move for Archer aswell given he got him into the first team squad and gave him some starts.

Getting a European spot would be so good for Archer and the other senior kids. Far better to have them in the fold under Emery's overall view than gamble on loans working out. (Though fair play to boro - it's been an excellent place for Archer and Ramsey) 

Literally the perfect player to have as an impact sub at the very least next season. A couple of years ago we would be begging the club to sign a player like Cam from the Championship if he wasn't our player.

• Like 1

Â