Marvelous Nakamba

NurembergVillan

Nakamba isn't very good, but it'd be a bit silly to ship him off without having some kind of replacement. We are however very likely to get in at least one CM during this window so I'm not too worried. I'd start the worrying if we get to the end of the window with Lansbury as our only midfield cover.

Edited by Laughable Chimp
  • Like 1

A bit too lightweight. Can’t really pass or shoot.

Decent at the defensive side, breaking up play but he is very limited and I wouldn’t miss him at all but also wouldn’t be upset at him remaining.

Seems easily overpowered at times.

I’d like us to have a much better quality of player throughout the squad in all honesty so that we have decent options from the bench too. 

If the loan rumours are true btw it also shows the folly of thinking we can get our money back for anyone we sign who's under 25. No one is paying 12m for Nakamba based on what he's shown this season, certainly a Belgian club who wanted him back wouldn't pay even half of that fee.

Another player some people are writing off after a single season, having moved to a new country and being in a struggling side! 😮

He won't be on anything like £55k, and as a back up DCM he will do. He is what we have to come on in the final 10 minutes and protect the back line, and we aren't going to buy a new one of these to sit on the bench. Unless someone gives us our €12m back.

He's 26, and last season was only his 4th full season in a European league. He should develop, and improve. 

• Like 2

I'd offload him, he looks way to uncomfortable on the ball for the premier league, and I also don't trust him as a character, given that he went on strike to force a move to join us. Such behavior displeases me. 

Yes, I'm writing him off after a season. Just how we wrote off the likes of Tonev, Helenius, Luna, Tshibola, and the list goes on.

Only mentioning the likes Gana, Petrov and Angel is cherry picking. 

3 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

I think he's more Carlos Sanchez than Idrissa Gueye.

Either great or suicidal.  No middle ground.

I think Sanchez was better, strong, good in the air and with good technique. Shame he had the attention span of a goldfish. 

Nakamba maybe has better concentration, a decent tackle, but he looks less comfortable on the ball than a goalkeeper. 

4 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

I think he's more Carlos Sanchez than Idrissa Gueye.

Either great or suicidal.  No middle ground.

Yeah but Sanchez marked Messi out of the game. Never forget that. 

• Like 1

Â