Marvelous Nakamba

NurembergVillan

22 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I don't really get why people want to 'get rid' of players like Nakamba, Trez, El Ghazi etc.  We don't need to raise transfer funds, they aren't on high wages and they don't seem to cause trouble off the field, we would just be needing to buy players to improve the first team and new back up players as well if we got rid of them.  With some good coaching and hard work Nakamba can be more than useful in the future.

Completely agree. 

4 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

I don't really get why people want to 'get rid' of players like Nakamba, Trez, El Ghazi etc.  We don't need to raise transfer funds, they aren't on high wages and they don't seem to cause trouble off the field, we would just be needing to buy players to improve the first team and new back up players as well if we got rid of them.  With some good coaching and hard work Nakamba can be more than useful in the future.

because we live in the now mode and players are not allowed develop as should be machines, same people wanted Veretout, Gana, Amavi gone soon after relegation

• Like 3

Very limited player but not bad as a squad player, for closing out games etc.

Just shows how weak our squad is though when we practically have to bring him on for another midfielder simply because we have no other (decent) options.

Desperately hoping that we are going to be super active and make major moves in this transfer window. We really need to kick on and enhance the quality of our team, otherwise it’s going to be another season of struggle.

Crucial time for the club.

6 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

It because they sell them all on football manager and buy all the wonderkids like tonali and jao felix 😂

True.  I sold Andre Green to Liverpool for £10m then signed Tonali on a free transfer on my latest game.  If that ever happened in real life I'd probably combust.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Well we do need to raise funds to comply with the shoddy ffp. Even though its frozen for a year we still need to adhere to it despite it being as corrupt as hell

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Well we do need to raise funds to comply with the shoddy ffp. Even though its frozen for a year we still need to adhere to it despite it being as corrupt as hell

Still not seen any evidence for this, only for teams in Europa and CL - do you have a link please?

15 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

It's these same people that will then moan that we don't pick these types of players up when pointing at players from other clubs who cost a small amount and are solid PL players now. When those players joined a few years back, they took time to settle. Romeu, hojberg are 2 straight off the top of my head. I know there's more. 

On 27/07/2020 at 20:11, AVTuco said:

A player who is scared of receiving the ball is not a player I think we should have if we're to aim any higher. Nakamba is terrified when someone makes the mistake of passing to him, and panics so easily. Sell him, or give him away if you can't.

He reminds me a bit of Reo-Coker who was very good off the ball but not so much on it. When anyone joins from another league it takes time to get used to the pace of the play, especially when they come from weak leagues. If there's any position that it's going to be costly it's CM/DM, his errors will usually lead to big problems. Hopefully the team is more settled next season, he will be more prepared and can be useful off the bench or in games where we are unlikely to have much of the ball.

7 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

The FFP upside from selling Nakamba would be trivial, surely?

The only sales that would have a significant impact on FFP would be exactly the players we don't want to sell - Grealish, McGinn, Luiz, Mings.

I have my doubts about Nakamba because his passing is so poor (watch his passing in the warm up!), but he does have something about him as a destroyer. Could be turned into an effective player if he just sorted out his decision making, and was a bit more aware of his own limitations. He definitely had games in 2019/20 where he looked Premier League quality, but seemed to lose confidence.

Whilst I agree that keeping him isn't the end of the world due to his low wages and his ability to close out games is useful, if a decent offer came in for him, I'd sell him. 
And by decent, I mean anything close to what we paid for him. I just don't see him getting any better.

We seem to be the go-to club for Turkish journalists when comes to player links.

Kodjia, Trez, Nakamba and I'm sure some others all linked to Turkish clubs. And Luyindama & Vida linked to us.

We need a squad. We saw how injuries badly affected us this year. 

We shouldn't be selling anyone who can contribute. Whilst I don't rate him, he is someone who can play minutes throughout the season. 

We don't need to be replacing squad players, we have enough to do this window.

Edited by DCJonah
  • Like 2

On 27/07/2020 at 20:11, AVTuco said:

A player who is scared of receiving the ball is not a player I think we should have if we're to aim any higher. Nakamba is terrified when someone makes the mistake of passing to him, and panics so easily. Sell him, or give him away if you can't.

I completely disagree with this, I think he always wants the ball, even under pressure, the problem is he's not very good once he gets it. His problem has been a lack of ability rather than desire.

He's had a year at this level now, selling him now wouldn't really benefit us at all so he's definately worth keeping and seeing how he progresses. If he improves and progresses over the next few years great, if not we're no worse off selling him then rather than now 

• Like 3

The thing is, he may or may not improve, but we should keep him for squad purposes. We do not want to make lots of changes again this season.

He is one of several we should be considering for moving on next season if things don't work out.

• Like 1

Â