Marvelous Nakamba

NurembergVillan

On loan according to Birmingham Live below:

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/marvelous-nakamba-linked-shock-summer-18705823

We paid 12m euros for him, so I don't really see how that deal would benefit us. Given they are barred from European competition due to Financial Fair Play breaches, I can see why they would want to go for a loan, but what's in it for the player or for us?

3 minutes ago, John said:

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/marvelous-nakamba-linked-shock-summer-18705823

We paid 12m euros for him, so I don't really see how that deal would benefit us. Given they are barred from European competition due to Financial Fair Play breaches, I can see why they would want to go for a loan, but what's in it for the player or for us?

Does not seem to make any sense at all

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, John said:

Get his wages off the books while he gets game time?

Much as I don't rate him - I can see little sense in loaning him out.

As things stand he is always going to be in the match day squad or cover for injuries.

If we sign so many midfielders that he falls down the order then maybe ...

Most likely a rubbish story ...

• Like 1

Just now, Lord Willard said:

Unless we are buying another MF I don't see this as good business. Him and Hourihane coming on as subs is fine for the next year. 

If we are upgrading them with better quality then I won't be against them departing.

• Like 1

It wouldn’t surprise me if this was a proposed deal if we had got relegated and the press have now got wind of it.

no way we’d let a rotation player go out on loan (possibly a decent fee though) when we’re looking to bolster and strengthen the squad

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Get his wages off the books while he gets game time?

It would further weaken our already weak bench, as well. 

Edited by John
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, omariqy said:

It's more than that but way less than £55k per week - about a third I would say.

So he is on closer to £5k than £55k then to be fair. 

On Nakamba, he's a backup central midfielder who we will need around the squad to make up the numbers. It makes no sense that we would be looking to loan him out at the present time.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, tom_avfc said:

So he is on closer to £5k than £55k then to be fair. 

On Nakamba, he's a backup central midfielder who we will need around the squad to make up the numbers. It makes no sense that we would be looking to loan him out at the present time.

Or he could be getting loaned out to allow him more game time and gain experience allowing us to bring in someone better.

Win win.

Just now, AvfcRigo82 said:

Or he could be getting loaned out to allow him more game time and gain experience allowing us to bring in someone better.

Win win.

Oh I agree I just think we're going to need a large squad to deal with the fixture congestion for the next two years and loaning Nakamba out just means an extra body to get in. I'm all for the idea but if we're going to be restricted to the number of players we'll bring in then I'm not convinced this would be the best use of any money we have available.

16 minutes ago, tom_avfc said:

Oh I agree I just think we're going to need a large squad to deal with the fixture congestion for the next two years and loaning Nakamba out just means an extra body to get in. I'm all for the idea but if we're going to be restricted to the number of players we'll bring in then I'm not convinced this would be the best use of any money we have available.

I disagree. It makes perfect sense in all honesty.

If Nakamba is not going to fit in just yet then it makes perfect sense to allow him to go out and improve and it will go one of two ways after that for him.  He stays and we have an improved player or he is sold on.

We will be needing a large squad to cope I agree and so I think it's best that we continue to build this large squad with as much quality as possible where possible with the right tools to do the job with.

As I mentioned before, if he is being replaced with better quality then it does no harm. I wouldn't worry too much about the money we have available to do this.

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I disagree. It makes perfect sense in all honesty.

If Nakamba is not going to fit in just yet then it makes perfect sense to allow him to go out and improve and it will go one of two ways after that for him.  He stays and we have an improved player or he is sold on.

We will be needing a large squad to cope I agree and so I think it's best that we continue to build this large squad with as much quality as possible where possible with the right tools to do the job with.

As I mentioned before, if he is being replaced with better quality then it does no harm. I wouldn't worry too much about the money we have available to do this.

Sell if can, if he goes on loan its no good as by the time we know if he has got it or not we will be replacing his replacement so he will be even further down the pecking order. However, if he is GOOD he could replace his replacement or be worth a handsome profit on out initial outlay. 

I think there’s a chance he may be loaned out and that would suggest that we have a better player(s) coming in for his position. 

The suggestion that he might go to SHA is less believable. I doubt they can afford a loan fee or be able to afford to pay more than £1.47 a week towards his wages. 

• Haha 1

I think he's a dreadful player.  Anything which facilitates us getting someone in who is better is a good deal. 

We are now back in the realm of people having to pay us loan fees as well as taking on the wages.

If we get say a £2m loan fee for the season we get £2m in the budget for a new player (don't forget you pay player fees on installments, not all up front) and free up his wages for a season. 

Hopefully they are happy with him and turn it permanent next season when their Euro ban is over. 

Seems a win win to me. 

• Like 1

Â