Marvelous Nakamba

NurembergVillan

23 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

Can one of the stat guys put up Marvs stats v other PL DMs for last season, realise he had limited minutes just still so unsure about him.

Did so a while back in the transfer thread and in his own thread, compared to Kamara and Luiz here:

Nakamba:

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Did so a while back in the transfer thread and in his own thread, compared to Kamara and Luiz here:

Nakamba:

spacer.png

Should note these stats aren't normalized relative to other DMs, but relative to midfielders in general. Fbref doesn't differentiate between different types of midfielders(aside from attacking midfielders) in their scouting report even though different players can have drastically different roles in midfield. 

Edited by Laughable Chimp

I hope he proves people wrong when this season starts, as unless a new DM comes in imminently then he'll be in the 11 for Watford on the opening day. He improved last season and was very good in the last few games, despite his limited game time overall. He's a no nonsense squad player who gets his head down and gets on with it. A managers dream to be honest. Let's not forget he played most his football for us in a new team that was struggling. Now we're a more effective unit and he's had time to settle in he could essentially be like a new signing.

Thought he looked like a pit bull at times which was great to see. He’s an assett off the ball for sure. Big test for Marvelous for new season is his quality on the ball. 3rd season now so he knows the pace of the league. I think he can do it and he’ll certainly get the chance as I guess Dougie will miss a big chunk of the start of the season. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LxYoungAVFC said:

I can see him doing really well for us and Luiz having to fight for his position when he's back from the Olympics.

I think this is well and it can only be good for the club

25 minutes ago, RichiBoi11 said:

I hope he proves people wrong when this season starts, as unless a new DM comes in imminently then he'll be in the 11 for Watford on the opening day. He improved last season and was very good in the last few games, despite his limited game time overall. He's a no nonsense squad player who gets his head down and gets on with it. A managers dream to be honest. Let's not forget he played most his football for us in a new team that was struggling. Now we're a more effective unit and he's had time to settle in he could essentially be like a new signing.

He Said It GIFs | Tenor

Â