Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

I would expect his 1st action to be Carabao Cup or if he is eligible for the EFL trophy

I think you’re underestimating our Dougie Lou. 

I see where you’re coming through. It’s good we have options but the later signings may need more time to settle.

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think you’re underestimating our Dougie Lou. 

I see where you’re coming through. It’s good we have options but the later signings may need more time to settle.

Of all our signings he is the one player I dont expect to make an instant impact. He has played 38 games in 2 seasons due to niggling injuries and will need time to settle. Think people are getting too overexcited about him

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Of all our signings he is the one player I dont expect to make an instant impact. He has played 38 games in 2 seasons due to niggling injuries and will need time to settle. Think people are getting too overexcited about him

I agree, He's one to be developed, rather than fit straight in in to the starting 11. I believe Marv will be the starting DM, later part of the season we start seeing Doug show his potential.

47 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

The one where the club officially announced the player! They wouldn't do this if there was any possibility a work permit wasn't forthcoming. 

Oh my sweet summer child :)......

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Oh my sweet summer child :)......

Has it ever happened?

I hadn't realised that the points system is actually for the FA to then sponsor your work permit, as opposed to actual work permit conditions. I always thought it weird the law had such detailed provisions for footballers!

With this being the case, I'd be astonished if they haven't already sent their sponsorship letter as he has been added to Fantasy Football. I know it sounds silly, but you'd think the PL and FA would be in close contact about this and it's an official site. Also seem to remember a player appearing on the site before being announced earlier in the summer. Might be wrong though.

Edited by Sam-AVFC
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, New_Hope said:

So Luiz with no Prem experience but La Liga experience playing against Barca, Real and Atletico is below Hourihane with no top league experience at all.....🤔🤔🤔

Footballing reasoning is strong in this one!!

In the Engles interveiw he says Hourihane is one of the leaders in the group.

Theres no way brazillian boy is going to walk into the first eleven. He'll have to get his boots on and kick sand.

Unless he's something special. which I doubt otherwise pep would have kept him.

We might not even be signing Douglas to play as DM, according to transfermarkt he's only played there ten times in his whole career and five of those occasions have been in the Brazilian second division, or Campeonato Brasileiro Série B, as it's known. On the other hand he's played over fifty times as a regular centre-mid. Even if we do plan to use him as a DM, it might make some sense to use him further forward to begin with whilst he gets used to the Premier league.

Edited by useless

13 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

Theres no way brazillian boy is going to walk into the first eleven. He'll have to get his boots on and kick sand.

Like with Santa nobody believes you're real.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

What an offensive post. These comments on Douglas Luiz are stereotypically racist. 

1 hour ago, useless said:

We might not even be signing Douglas to play as DM, according to transfermarkt he's only played there ten times in his whole career and five of those occasions have been in the Brazilian second division, or Campeonato Brasileiro Série B, as it's known. On the other hand he's played over fifty times as a regular centre-mid. Even if we do plan to use him as a DM, it might make some sense to use him further forward to begin with whilst he gets used to the Premier league.

Couple of points to note - Transfermarkt is awful for any kind of statistical analysis and throughout his interview he talked about bringing the ball out from the back, controlling the flow of the game and shouting instructions to the midfield in front of him. It could be an elaborate ruse I guess, but he is under the impression this is to be his primary position. 

He also spoke a lot about god. I mean a lot. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

The last player who spoke about God that much in his first interview was Aaron Tshibola hope that’s not a sign from...err... anyone. 

47 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Couple  of points to note - Transfermarkt is awful for any kind of statistical analysis and throughout his interview he talked about bringing the ball out from the back, controlling the flow of the game and shouting instructions to the midfield in front of him. It could be an elaborate ruse I guess, but he is under the impression this is to be his primary position. 

He’s clearly done his homework on us and knows how much the mighty Paul McGrath is revered round these parts. Good on him. 

• Like 1

Â