Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

How does the buy back work then? Is it active for the whole duration he is here or for a set period? If he signed a new deal with us one day, would it be void?

8 minutes ago, Si. said:

How does the buy back work then? Is it active for the whole duration he is here or for a set period? If he signed a new deal with us one day, would it be void?

entirely dependant on how the buy back is agreed between the clubs, which kinda means it could be what you said, or something entirely different?

• Confused 1

On 27/07/2019 at 20:55, Si. said:

I would guess it has a deadline, but I doubt it's influenced by his contract here.

It's an agreement between us and City where we will have to accept their offer. I would think he can sign a new contracts here on a daily basis without that changing the agreement we have with City.

If he has the right to refuse to go back there is more unclear.

3 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

I've heard all this talk before. I rememeber people creaming their trolleys over jordan ayew. the trainspotter villa fans giving it the biggie saying he's the brother most likely to be a superstar and his dad was the african pele. then when we went down he was "the most gifted player in the championship" yeah right!       and didn't barca have a buy back clause with adama traore.....once they dropped him in the real mans league they tore up the receipt!

So this luiz guy is the new socrates? Just cos pep says so.....and he's never played in the prem?

well pep is the biggest fibber in football. all i hear from him for 3 years is how good foden is...............yet he never puts him in the team? Pep must have a whole squad of great players that he don't trust.

Luiz has got to come in and graft for that jersey. Hourihane is ahead of him in the pecking order.

hes never played in the prem because hes never got a work permit if match fit of course he will be our 1st choice defensive midfielder. 

1 minute ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Really looking forward to seeing him against Leipzig 

Is he going to be playing versus Leipzig?, as in does he have his WP now?

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

You would wonder why players even need a work permit to play in a friendly.  It's not a competitive fixture.  Just play as A.Trialinho and be done with it.

Just now, MaVilla said:

I think it should be done by then yes, we announced trezeguet on the same condition and his came through in time to play against charlton so assuming it’s following the same path then he should be clear for Leipzig - plus I think you can play anyone in a friendly but could be wrong 

There's a secret tick-box on work permit forms that only the likes of Purslow know where it is, as proven with Kalinic. After he's exposed it with his magic revealing marker pen he need simply tick it with a biro then pop it in the post - that's why it takes a few days. 

56 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

I've heard all this talk before. I rememeber people creaming their trolleys over jordan ayew. the trainspotter villa fans giving it the biggie saying he's the brother most likely to be a superstar and his dad was the african pele. then when we went down he was "the most gifted player in the championship" yeah right!       and didn't barca have a buy back clause with adama traore.....once they dropped him in the real mans league they tore up the receipt!

So this luiz guy is the new socrates? Just cos pep says so.....and he's never played in the prem?

well pep is the biggest fibber in football. all i hear from him for 3 years is how good foden is...............yet he never puts him in the team? Pep must have a whole squad of great players that he don't trust.

Luiz has got to come in and graft for that jersey. Hourihane is ahead of him in the pecking order.

You need to change your username to screwloose.

I think the only issue we might have with douglas is match sharpness and fitness.

If he does play against Leipzig thats one match all pre season, I wonder if he would be ready for spurs fitness wise?

Edited by MaVilla

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

I think the only issue we might have with douglas is match sharpness and fitness.

If he does play against Leipzig thats one match all pre season, I wonder if he would be ready for spurs fitness wise?

I guess he was playing internationals until late... 

Â