Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

18 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Support all day long, we want to dominate the ball higher up the pitch. 

We won’t dominate possession or high press the top sides, they’ll kill us if we try. 

We’ll need someone who can win and control the ball and then set off the counter. Which Douglas can.

• Like 2

Just now, HKP90 said:

We won’t dominate possession or high press the top sides, they’ll kill us if we try. 

We’ll need someone who can win and control the ball and then set off the counter. Which Douglas can.

Yeah, no way will Dean Smith be as naive as Sherwood and think we can outplay or dominate the likes of City and what not.

6 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

I think only City, Liverpool and Spurs will not be dominated by a high press. Chelsea , Man U and Arsenal can be high pressed by us and the rest of the Prem it depends on how we play on the day. 

Chelsea are the only unknown to me because I’m not sure how Lampard will set them up. If it’s anything like Derby we’ll Crush them. If Sarri was still there id be confident - put Mcginn on Jorghino and it all falls apart for them. 

4 minutes ago, sne said:

Yeah, no way will Dean Smith be as naive as Sherwood and think we can outplay or dominate the likes of City and what not.

Looking at videos of Trezeguet he looks very good on the counter attack.  Im sure he was brought in with those types of game in mind and why there is still talk of another winger to come in. If Luiz can pick the ball up in tight situations around the back 4 and find quick ball-carrying players we can be dangerous. 

12 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

10 minutes ago, sne said:

Of course. I don’t expect us to go toe to toe with the big boys. Smith will have tactics for each game (what a novelty!). At home to the bottom half I expect he will look to high press, set traps and dictate play. 

Man City et al will be counter and play from deeper. 

Luckily for us we seem to be building a squad capable of all sorts. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

If he plays really well and Man City's new signing doesn't work out we will probably only have this guy for a season.

If.....and..only.......you have to love pre-season.

No really knows how it’s going to go so desperately try to cover the bases 😊

Edited by MarkLillis
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, villan-scott said:

Of course. I don’t expect us to go toe to toe with the big boys. Smith will have tactics for each game (what a novelty!). At home to the bottom half I expect he will look to high press, set traps and dictate play. 

Man City et al will be counter and play from deeper. 

Luckily for us we seem to be building a squad capable of all sorts. 

Exactly this. Whilst we are playing some lovely stuff right now, it is pre season against limited opposition. It will be a baptism of fire when we go to Spurs on the first day. We won't have the ball for large spells, not because we are poor, the opposition at this level, especially top 8, is elite. I'd hope the RB Leipzig game will be as close to competitive you can get against a quality opposition.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sne said:

Bournemouth have for years played the "Bournemouth" way against them and getting spanked everytime. Last season Howe tried to park the bus against Pep and still got spanked.

When Man City are in form there are no set way to beat them.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Bournemouth have for years played the "Bournemouth" way against them and getting spanked everytime. Last season Howe tried to park the bus against Pep and still got spanked.

When Man City are in form there are no set way to beat them.

Man city are unplayable most of the time, true, but if we play canny we might just nick the odd point off the other big boys, and that will be the difference between survival and relegation.

32 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Man city are unplayable most of the time, true, but if we play canny we might just nick the odd point off the other big boys, and that will be the difference between survival and relegation.

Picking up a very occasional point or 3 from the top 6 would be a bonus, but I see the key to survival as reasonably consistently taking all 3 points from the lower half teams.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HKP90 said:

Yep and don’t forget that despite being largely shit we still pulled off occasional results at Anfield and Emirates before going down eventually....for years we were a bogey side for Chelsea, particularly at VP.....I cannot wait for this season to start, think we’ll surprise a lot of people.

14 hours ago, villabromsgrove said:

I totally agree. If Douglas is as good as my Beemer, he'll be smooth, powerful and very comfortable. 

That made me smile, I just imagine you as BMW driver. Must be the Bromsgrove thing 😀

I'm really not fussed by the alledged buyback, I know it's probably been discussed to death but if we only get him for 1 season, make a tidy profit on him and stay up, brilliant. It's better than paying the same amount for an inferior player.

Just now, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

*the uncomfortable smile when you realise something isn't quite right*

'What sort of massage is this anyway...'

1547029293_Screenshot2019-07-27at19_49_34.thumb.jpg.bfc280b6bd715e815d312ee1f5ac6f33.jpg 

It's Wyness's old office

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Â