Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

6 hours ago, CarryOnVilla said:

I agree, He's one to be developed, rather than fit straight in in to the starting 11. I believe Marv will be the starting DM, later part of the season we start seeing Doug show his potential.

@Zatman and you mate: if Douglas doesn't start the first game he is available, I'll be severely disappointed.

2 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

@Zatman and you mate: if Douglas doesn't start the first game he is available, I'll be severely disappointed.

He was wanted by man city and just won player of the tournament at the Toulon tournament, and he's going to come to newly promoted villa to prove himself for 4 months in training before he gets a chance as a regular starter. Ridiculous

You are bang on. Of course he will be in as soon as he in available. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

He was wanted by man city and just won player of the tournament at the Toulon tournament, and he's going to come to newly promoted villa to prove himself for 4 months in training before he gets a chance as a regular starter. Ridiculous

yeah mate but come on, what about Hourihane?, Douglas needs to earn his place, no player can just walk in to the team at Villa, Hourihane has shown he can play there and played at DM while getting us promoted, Douglas probably isnt even that good, never played a game in the Prem, no experience in the Prem, Hourihane is the nailed on starter for me, maybe Douglas will get his chance after 6 months or so, but i dont expect much, he's young and inexperienced, and he doesnt speak english, how will he talk to Hassan?, or Wesley?, i mean he might speak Wesley's language but they might be 40ft apart on the pitch........will they shout?, cant see it working.

Is Douglas a DM or an MC or an AMC also?, we sure he knows where he is playing?, why would be want 2 brazilians in the first team anyway?, overrated, didnt they lose 7-1 to Germany?, we need more germans.

also Douglas is 5ft 9.......a 5ft 9 DM?, u gotta be havin a laff.

Hourihane is the man, trust me.

Also, sentiment is important boys, Taylor is the man, proved it over the season, got promoted with him at LB, what more do u want??, same for Green at RW........you ppl dont know what ur talking about.

:trollface:

Edited by MaVilla
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I agree. He's been developing all his life for this moment. I'm sure he will be given time to get his fitness levels up but imo he is a nailed on starter if fully fit.

He's 21 and already played at the highest level against the likes of Barca and Madrid, lauded as an exceptional talent and tipped for future full international captaincy. City have only released him on the basis of him not being able to get a permit and being able to get him back further down the line. Bollocks is Smith going to say, " Sit yourself down Dougie and watch how Conor plays the DM role, you might learn a thing or two". 🤣   

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, AVTuco said:

3 hours ago, DCJonah said:

3 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

I agree. He's been developing all his life for this moment. I'm sure he will be given time to get his fitness levels up but imo he is a nailed on starter if fully fit.

He's 21 and already played at the highest level against the likes of Barca and Madrid, lauded as an exceptional talent and tipped for future full international captaincy. City have only released him on the basis of him not being able to get a permit and being able to get him back further down the line. Bollocks is Smith going to say, " Sit yourself down Dougie and watch how Conor plays the DM role, you might learn a thing or two". 🤣   

I can't even believe this is a discussion point!

3 hours ago, MaVilla said:

yeah mate but come on, what about Hourihane?, Douglas needs to earn his place, no player can just walk in to the team at Villa, Hourihane has shown he can play there and played at DM while getting us promoted, Douglas probably isnt even that good, never played a game in the Prem, no experience in the Prem, Hourihane is the nailed on starter for me, maybe Douglas will get his chance after 6 months or so, but i dont expect much, he's young and inexperienced, and he doesnt speak english, how will he talk to Hassan?, or Wesley?, i mean he might speak Wesley's language but they might be 40ft apart on the pitch........will they shout?, cant see it working.

Is Douglas a DM or an MC or an AMC also?, we sure he knows where he is playing?, why would be want 2 brazilians in the first team anyway?, overrated, didnt they lose 7-1 to Germany?, we need more germans.

Also, sentiment is important boys, Taylor is the man, proved it over the season, got promoted with him at LB, what more do u want??, same for Green at RW........you ppl dont know what ur talking about.

I get the troll face at the end of your post.

Makelele still called and says that you're right. The role that has often been called the Makelele role cannot be played by someone standing at 5'9. Two inches too tall.

3 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Best chuckle of the night.

11 hours ago, Zatman said:

Of all our signings he is the one player I dont expect to make an instant impact. He has played 38 games in 2 seasons due to niggling injuries and will need time to settle. Think people are getting too overexcited about him

People are getting too overexcited about him? Maybe. Would you say people got overexcited about Grealish? Here's my take..

Grealish played less in two seasons at a comparable age, being one year younger than in Luiz's case. He didn't have niggling injury problems either.

Grealish played 16 matches in our relegation season. They were all defeats. Think he might hold the record for worst season as a result.

Grealish had a successful Toulon tournament, winning the thing, but so did Douglas Luiz, who was also named player of the tournament.

I think while Grealish was more accomplished and established at the age Luiz finds himself at now, there are certainly some parallels.

At age 21, Luiz is captain of Brazil's under 23 side. I think it fair to say in recent years Brazil is a much more successful side than England or Ireland.

I am hopeful that we have signed an absolute pearl here. From the very little I've seen of him, Ampadu and Phillips, I'm thinking we got the best of the bunch.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

People are getting too overexcited about him? Maybe. Would you say people got overexcited about Grealish? Here's my take..

Grealish played less in two seasons at a comparable age, being one year younger than in Luiz's case. He didn't have niggling injury problems either.

Grealish played 16 matches in our relegation season. They were all defeats. Think he might hold the record for worst season as a result.

Grealish had a successful Toulon tournament, winning the thing, but so did Douglas Luiz, who was also named player of the tournament.

I think while Grealish was more accomplished and established at the age Luiz finds himself at now, there are certainly some parallels.

At age 21, Luiz is captain of Brazil's under 23 side. I think it fair to say in recent years Brazil is a much more successful side than England or Ireland.

I am hopeful that we have signed an absolute pearl here. From the very little I've seen of him, Ampadu and Phillips, I'm thinking we got the best of the bunch.

Well if I had never seen Grealish play and he was coming from a foreign league then I would be very sceptical like I am with Luiz. I guarantee most people on here have never saw him play except them clips

Bigger name players have crashed in the Premier League before never mind a youngster. Lucas went to Liverpool with a similar reputation and he was garbage for about 3 years before he had to change his game to become a destroyer. Anderson also was one of hottest prospects in the world

Just think people need calm down about the guy and let him settle

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Well if I had never seen Grealish play and he was coming from a foreign league then I would be very sceptical like I am with Luiz. I guarantee most people on here have never saw him play except them clips

Bigger name players have crashed in the Premier League before never mind a youngster. Lucas went to Liverpool with a similar reputation and he was garbage for about 3 years before he had to change his game to become a destroyer. Anderson also was one of hottest prospects in the world

Just think people need calm down about the guy and let him settle

Yeah, fair call. I respect that.

However I'm going to nitpick here, are we talking about the same Anderson that played for United? I think we are.

First season at United was influential in winning both the Premier League and Champions League. Won four PL titles playing in roughly half  of their fixtures.

For someone who was meant to fill the void left by Roy Keane and the aging Paul Scholes, Anderson didn't do too badly.

19 hours ago, screwdriver said:

Unless he's something special. which I doubt otherwise pep would have kept him.

You know Pep wanted to keep him but couldn't get a work permit, right?

And they've put a buy back clause in meaning they can buy him back if he proves to be good enough, right?

So Pep clearly does want him.

I@m not sure why I'm even bothering to reply to this :D 

• Like 1

Â