Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

15 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

We don't disagree. I know that's the long-term plan. But short term Hourihane will be in contention for DM.

Only because Luiz is not in the country and Nakamba has only just signed, not because dean smith rates him as a dm

16 hours ago, KentVillan said:

I think a lot of people are underestimating Dean Smith's opinion of Hourihane.

Remember he stuck by him through a torrid run of games last season, and also gambled on him starting the play-off final, after leaving him out against West Brom?

Hourihane will get given a chance in the first couple of games, and then how soon we see Luiz, Nakamba, etc. will probably depend on how he copes.

I'm not saying I'm particularly confident in Hourihane as a lone DM, but just have a feeling Smith will want to show some faith in him.

Every time I convince myself that Hourihane will be a squad player this season the phrase "20 goals and assists last season" pops into my mind.

Just now, LxYoungAVFC said:

Judging by his Insta Story it looks like he's still in Brazil. I'm a bit worried he may not get a work permit, it's taking too long.

Read the Dean Smith thread for an update. In essence, the WP is granted and Dougie will be in Germany with the squad :) 

• Thanks 2

10 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

Wow, he looks so good. Powerful, pacey, great dribbler, strong and good passer. He could be a really key player for us this year 

What I like about this is that it’s not a few seconds from different games against different random teams. 

He looks really good - so exciting. I really hope we can get this work permit sorted before the Spurs game. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

Wow, he looks so good. Powerful, pacey, great dribbler, strong and good passer. He could be a really key player for us this year 

Looks really good in this video. But so did Okore in his video vs Chelsea. Nevertheless, I'm quite confident he'll turn out to be a good player. Let's see how he adapts to the prem.

2 minutes ago, LxYoungAVFC said:

Looks really good in this video. But so did Okore in his video vs Chelsea. Nevertheless, I'm quite confident he'll turn out to be a good player. Let's see how he adapts to the prem.

To be fair Okore looked a real player until his injury. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

To be fair Okore looked a real player until his injury. 

Okore and Amavi were both derailed by cruciate injuries and it also delayed Delph's development for a couple of years.

It could also be argued that the same injury prevented Gary Gardner (I know, I know) from realising his potential.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, LxYoungAVFC said:

with him and Jack in the team we are going to have about 6000 free kicks every game

• Like 1

On ‎30‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 10:42, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think you’re underestimating our Dougie Lou. 

I see where you’re coming through. It’s good we have options but the later signings may need more time to settle.

So, there's the chant courtesy of VLV... Instead of Sali-Salifou... we've got;

"Dougie... Dougie Lou...

Dougie... Dougie Lou..."

Poet and you didn't know it Vive... 😉

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Raver50032 said:

So, there's the chant courtesy of VLV... Instead of Sali-Salifou... we've got;

"Dougie... Dougie Lou...

Dougie... Dougie Lou..."

Poet and you didn't know it Vive... 😉

I haven’t been able to get Dougie Lou to the tune of ‘let it be’ out my head.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

Â