Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

So Luiz with no Prem experience but La Liga experience playing against Barca, Real and Atletico is below Hourihane with no top league experience at all.....🤔🤔🤔

Footballing reasoning is strong in this one!!

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Uncle Albert said:

Dont have a clue on this 1 im afraid, although i think you have to leave the country whilst your waiting for a permit, i could be totally wrong though.

do you work with the planey flyee things?

38 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

He's appeared on Fantasy PL without the club even confirming he's got a WP.

Luiz passed the FA test, so he has the approval from the professional sporting organisation needed for his application. Applying for the permit itself is just a formality. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Luiz passed the FA test, so he has the approval from the professional sporting organisation needed for his application. Applying for the permit itself is just a formality. 

Really? Must have missed that news! Where was it reported?

5 hours ago, New_Hope said:

So Luiz with no Prem experience but La Liga experience playing against Barca, Real and Atletico is below Hourihane with no top league experience at all.....🤔🤔🤔

Footballing reasoning is strong in this one!!

Problem with pre-season is people can hang on to their delusions for weeks on end. Reality checks coming up in T minus 11 days!

(Edit: having said that, Hourihane is 28, has 300+ professional games under his belt, and knows the club. Douglas definitely has more potential, but he's a rough diamond.)

Edited by KentVillan
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Zatman said:

People need to be patient with him, I cant see him being a regular until about Christmas time 

Wot? No way, he's a one year loan, you don't expect them to have an impact at Christmas.

14 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

Wot? No way, he's a one year loan, you don't expect them to have an impact at Christmas.

He has had no pre season and has never played in English league before. 

It will take time for him to to settle 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Zatman said:

People need to be patient with him, I cant see him being a regular until about Christmas time 

Can't see that. 

I'm struggling to see him starting at spurs but he will be in there early on.

He's played in the Toulon tournement earlier in the summer, and has been keeping fit since then with his personal trainer. He shouldn't be any less ready for the coming season, than someone like Marvelous, who also won't have had much of a pre-season but has played in the Africa Cup of Nations, see also Kodjia. Might take a while to ease him into the team, but I don't think it will take five months.

I think the interesting thing is going to be where he plays in the team, many seem to presume as a DM as that's where City supposedly saw him eventually playing for them, and where he's played for Brazil, but most of his domestic experience has come playing further forward, and with us also signing Marvelous and still being linked to Phillips and Santamaria.

Edited by useless

16 hours ago, screwdriver said:

I've heard all this talk before. I rememeber people creaming their trolleys over jordan ayew. the trainspotter villa fans giving it the biggie saying he's the brother most likely to be a superstar and his dad was the african pele. then when we went down he was "the most gifted player in the championship" yeah right!       and didn't barca have a buy back clause with adama traore.....once they dropped him in the real mans league they tore up the receipt!

So this luiz guy is the new socrates? Just cos pep says so.....and he's never played in the prem?

well pep is the biggest fibber in football. all i hear from him for 3 years is how good foden is...............yet he never puts him in the team? Pep must have a whole squad of great players that he don't trust.

Luiz has got to come in and graft for that jersey. Hourihane is ahead of him in the pecking order.

You're trying too hard.

Less is more.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

53 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Can't see that. 

I'm struggling to see him starting at spurs but he will be in there early on.

I would expect his 1st action to be Carabao Cup or if he is eligible for the EFL trophy

Â