Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

6 minutes ago, turvontour said:

he must be amongst the longest serving players now. 

Wow we really do need some stability at this club.  Those players who will stay for 5+ years because they are good for us and also growing with us.

4 hours ago, TheMightyVillans said:

Many games under both smith and Gerrard we saw Luiz isolated and having to do so much work by himself and as a result made him look poor. There was always a good player there. Now we have kamara to help him out he looks amazing.

Gerrard actually played them together once and they looked good and then decided to drop Luiz the following game for his Ramsey McGinn combo.

He might have snuck into Brazil squad if Emery was manager from start of the season

He definitely would with a few more performances like that. The Gerrard debacle potentially cost Mings, Buendia, Watkins, Kamara and Digne WC places too.

1 hour ago, turvontour said:

We really need a song for this guy, particularly as he must be amongst the longest serving players now. 

Dougie Lou to the tune of Daddy Cool - need that salifou chant back in our lives.

1 hour ago, striker said:

Probably his biggest critic but was as good against Spurs as he was poor against Liverpool.

Having those type of performances in his locker he needs to do it more consistently for me to change my mind about him but I still feel Emery will improve the midfield this window.

Maybe Luiz has got wind of new players coming in midfield hence his performance yesterday but we’ll see?

Get out of here. Dougie ain't going anywhere. 

He's been our most consistent midfielder this season so to make out one performance is because of an impending replacement is ridiculous considering he's just signed a new deal. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Steero113 said:

Amazing comment. 

He's been excellent since Emery came in (bar the Liverpool game for parts), and was pretty much our only shining light when that absolute con artist was in charge even though he was grossly mismanaged. 

He's arguably our best player and is forming a potentially titanic partnership with Kamara. 1st or second name on the team sheet stuff. 

Spot on. Lets be honest though. The comment was more idiotic than amazing.

8 hours ago, striker said:

Probably his biggest critic but was as good against Spurs as he was poor against Liverpool.

Having those type of performances in his locker he needs to do it more consistently for me to change my mind about him but I still feel Emery will improve the midfield this window.

Maybe Luiz has got wind of new players coming in midfield hence his performance yesterday but we’ll see?

he has been doing it consistently since Unai has come through the door. 

and we need to shift some of the midfielders out before we should entertain any new midfield signings. We currently have 7/25 players who play in the center of midfield without counting the likes of Coutinho, Buendia & Chambers who can play there as well.

FWIW, Douglas would be the best center mid at Everton by miles currently

11 hours ago, striker said:

He has been arguably our player of the season along with Young and has barely started until 6 games ago

12 hours ago, striker said:

Sorry to pile in as I know you post a lot of sensible stuff, and it’s brave coming in as a visiting supporter.

But apart from the goal contributions, which he does need to offer more of, the rest of that performance was typical Dougie Luiz. He’s a really good player, and has a good attitude, and is more consistent than most of our squad.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

How on earth can he still barely speak English having been here almost 4 years now!! 

Anybody from England berating others for not learning a language is hypocritical tbf.

• Like 3

Â