Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

On 02/01/2023 at 18:22, striker said:

Probably his biggest critic but was as good against Spurs as he was poor against Liverpool.

Having those type of performances in his locker he needs to do it more consistently for me to change my mind about him but I still feel Emery will improve the midfield this window.

Maybe Luiz has got wind of new players coming in midfield hence his performance yesterday but we’ll see?

Who of the three who started for your team Everton tonight are better?

7 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

I take it mcginn is out, is Luiz out as well for tonight?

No idea yet, serious lack of team news today.  They probably don't want to give Wolves any advantage and keep them guessing.

7 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Arguably the worst player on the pitch for me tonight - completely anonymous.  Dendoncker coming on seemed to have a big impact.

Consistency is a funny old thing, eh?

3 games in 10 days with a lot of ground to cover for the two previous ones. 

The substitute was correct and hopefully he can bounce back next. 

1 minute ago, andym said:

Didn't think he was any worse than a whole host of other players tonight

Just didn't seem to do anything for me.  Would love to see his passing and tackling stats - he didn't seem to be anywhere near the ball.

Probably still feeling the knock a bit - plus, players do just have off games.

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Just didn't seem to do anything for me.  Would love to see his passing and tackling stats - he didn't seem to be anywhere near the ball.

Probably still feeling the knock a bit - plus, players do just have off games.

In hindsight should have started with Donk especially with that tweak against spuds.

edit - 37 passes at 90% with 1 key pass. 

as you said Donk had 3 key passes he definitely drove us forward when he came into the game. 

kamara - 40 passes at 90% too. Normally both Dougie and Kamara are around the 55 + passes mark so there was a definite drop in levels today. 

Edited by Sulberto21

He's been very good of late and improved his consistency, maybe his injury was haunting him today, all players will have the odd off game. It's the players who have bad game good game couple of bad games good game, that we have to worry about and start thinking about improving upon.

23 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

In hindsight should have started with Donk especially with that tweak against spuds.

edit - 37 passes at 90% with 1 key pass. 

as you said Donk had 3 key passes he definitely drove us forward when he came into the game. 

kamara - 40 passes at 90% too. Normally both Dougie and Kamara are around the 55 + passes mark so there was a definite drop in levels today. 

They moved less and both looked tired. Wolves also pressed more than either of our previous opponents. 

The 9 day break will be good for us.

Honestly, I thought he gave up today. Had it in his mindset after about 20 minutes it wasn't going to be his day so started jumping out of tackles, not challenging aerials and generally complaining.

Him and Kamara were both culpable in the first half of feeling sorry for themselves.

• 2 weeks later...

Found it difficult against what Leeds were doing with their press. 

Did enough to be part of the game and contribute. 

He'll be more effective against other teams. He makes a good pair with Kamara. 

16 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

His distribution wasn’t the best today but defensively he made 5 tackles and 4 interceptions with 2 key passes. Oliver is a bellend though.

That's more than I remember him doing. I thought he was poor, but next to Kamara most midfielders will look average at best. 

Not his best game for us by a long way in my view. Was quite inconsistent, as for all the tackles and interceptions he made, he also committed a couple of clumsy fouls, brought on by being off the pace or slightly out of position. He didn't create anything either, and could've done better with his chance.

I'd be happy to see Guendouzi come in and offer us an alternative to Luiz.

Between those 3 and Sanson, we'd have a quality set of 4 to pick our midfield 2 from. Dendoncker can do one.

Ramsey, McGinn, Buendia, Coutinho fighting it out over the wide midfield spots could do with some improvement though.

Sometimes I think he’s one of our best players and I think I said that in the match thread. Other times I wonder if he’s massively overrated and just another inconsistent player we could do without if we are going to progress? But that seems excessive. But then I can’t see him being happy as a bit part player. 

• Like 1

Â