Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

3 minutes ago, Villa 59 said:

Dendoncker is better with Kaamara for me! Cash in on Luiz in January imo

This forum man, absolutely laughable at times. Stay off the drink pal it’s pickling your brain!

• Like 4

Some of his passes were exactly the right ball IMO but Liverpool‘s players read them better than our players. Seemed like more of an issue of players not being on the right wavelength than him missing his pass.

Would definitely keep him in the starting lineup for the next game.

6 minutes ago, WHY said:

This forum man, absolutely laughable at times. Stay off the drink pal it’s pickling your brain!

I don't need a drink mate to see that he doesn't care and that he'd rather not be here. I see far more effort and enthusiasm from Ashley Young tbf!!

2 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

He doesn't care so he signed a new 4 year deal when he could be walking on a free. Your right, you don't need a drink because it seems you've drunk enough ffs.

He had an indifferent game but to say he doesn't care is absolute nonsense. 

Complete crap mate....all his games are indifferent mate drunk or sober. If you can't See that, I really can't help you!!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Villa 59 said:

Complete crap mate....all his games are indifferent mate drunk or sober. If you can't See that, I really can't help you!!!

The squad as a whole have been indifferent this season but the fact you've decided he doesn't care after signing a new deal is bloody stupid. He's been by far our most consistent midfielder this season and I think most fans would agree. 

• Like 2

Just now, avfc1982am said:

The squad as a whole have been indifferent this season but the fact you've decided he doesn't care after signing a new deal is bloody stupid. He's been by far our most consistent midfielder this season and I think most fans would agree. 

See other opinions in this thread.....many agree with me! As I said, I really can't help you!!

6 minutes ago, Villa 59 said:

See other opinions in this thread.....many agree with me! As I said, I really can't help you!!

One other stupid comment. He had a poorer game than normal, but to say he doesn't care is talking out your arse. You have no idea how he feels about the club. 

• Like 2

Clearly has class, but played at a slower pace than needed today as if it was a training match. (Probably because the only football he's had recently have been training matches)

Give him a match or two and he'll be moving the ball more quickly and looking good with kamara again.

If there was a player out there we really wanted and could use Luiz as bait to land said player, I wouldn't hesitate.  I really don't see what he brings to the party.  Lovely cross for Watkins' goal but that aside, he almost put though his own net too.  Polarises opinion I guess, but for me, I really can't see what he brings. 

2 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

56 passes @ 90% passing accuracy with 3 key passes.highest passing accuracy of any midfielder today and 4th highest in the match behind the two Liverpool central defenders and Konsa.

Maybe mate, but via the eye test, he seemed to needlessly give up crucial possession a number of times, with a combination of dithering and simply not seeming to be thinking/moving quickly enough.

I don't think he was anywhere near his best today.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Gave the ball away cheaply all game. Needs to do the basics especially against top 4 sides 

He always does this though. Since we signed him in our first year back in the premier league. I’ve said it numerous times and your called a hater on here if you do. Douglas Luiz simply does not care or hurt enough when he gives the ball away needlessly, hence why it keeps happening. Almost 4 years in. 

37 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

He always does this though. Since we signed him in our first year back in the premier league. I’ve said it numerous times and your called a hater on here if you do. Douglas Luiz simply does not care or hurt enough when he gives the ball away needlessly, hence why it keeps happening. Almost 4 years in. 

Nah I'm not having this at all. Generally, he's so careful and intelligent with the ball.

Edited by Tom13
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

What are you expecting him to do. Commit suicide and open his wrists up?  What constitutes caring on the pitch? Raging, trying to break legs after making a mistake? I'm seriously interested because as I see it having a poor game is one thing, but accusing the kid of not caring is ridiculous.

He cares so little he ran half the length of the pitch when Digne gave up in order to try and stop Salah being one on one with the keeper. He cares so little, rather than go Arsenal or somewhere else on a free next summer, he signed a new deal. What do you mean by not care?

He has without doubt been our best and most consistent midfielder this season. Not Kamara, McGinn, Ramsey, Dendoncker.... Luiz has. He didn't have a good first half today but to label him as not caring or hurt enough is utter bollox. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â