Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

Seems he does have morals. To be fair to him , when he called out the brazilian broadcaster for objectifying Alisha i doubt he expected her to be doing a raunchy calendar a couple of months later.

Bit of a shame really. Guaranteed offspring being brilliant at football.

She'll be gone in the summer and Dougie will be part of Emery's plans moving forward. He wouldn't have signed a new deal when he could've named his price elsewhere next summer. He owes Villa nothing. He's signed a new deal because he wanted to and sees a future here. Why anyone would sign a contract if he's expecting to leave, especially when he could demand double wages and a get a better signing fee in January. It would be baffling to say the least. 

Edited by avfc1982am
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

The club were in a tricky position as Luiz could leave for nothing this Summer.

It would have been in Villa's interest to offer Luiz a new deal, double his wages, pay him a 5 million signing on fee, and a release clause.

If Villa now sell him for 30 million; the club makes 25 million more than they would have made without the new contract.

I'm not saying that happened, but it's potentially what the club were thinking.

Why would DL give a crap about what's best for Villa over his own future. The point being, he would'nt care about a new deal unless he had intentions of staying. The amount of money he could have earnt on a free, including a better signing fee elsewhere would outweigh a contract renewal. If you're the buyer it makes far more sense to get a player to sign in Jan for free and give him a large portion of the saving you've made on a fee to his club. If DL had intentions of leaving we'd still be discussing him not signing a contract imo. He isn't Delph(snake) and he doesn't have the allegiance JG had. Like I said he owes us noting.

Edited by avfc1982am
  • Like 1

I'd rather he stayed but if he were to leave we would get a decent fee atleast, fear in the past was he would go for cheap or free.

Either way I think we have the right manager in place now to either find us an upgrade or work with him should he stay. I'm not worried now.

On 17/11/2022 at 04:58, OutByEaster? said:

She'll go where he goes - she missed the Euro's last summer with Switzerland to go on holiday with him, she wouldn't think twice at leaving leafy little Aston for another city for them to be together.

From this to split up within a week. They’re like teenagers!

• Like 3

I would be surprised if Doug doesn't have a release clause in his new contract and probably one that is relatively affordable. 

Hopefully he still chooses to stick around if he's happy, especially under Emery, but he is turning into a very useful player and no doubt will have suitors.

• Like 1

Â