Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

10 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Really, really disappointed to see this shit from Buendia, Carlos and Luiz

xnbwd0f4dx4a1.jpg?width=320&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=fb7499f9092544ccf54ae60e2aa35f50a53ec74e

Great job promoting animal cruelty you bellends.

got pelters on social media, and quite rightly. buendia posted photos with tigers on his insta too.

ffs lads, don't you have people managing your social media who know what you should and shouldn't post?

and another thing, whilst i don't feel in this day and age players should be babysat, surely if they had a rest day someone at the club would've asked "so what you got planned today lads?" and maybe considered how it might reflect on the club

• Like 1

11 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Cut them some slack tbf, probably been fed pure nonsense about what they were actually doing... "we're a wildlife sanctuary that looks after sick animals that can't go back out into the wild". Travellers get caught in this all time. Elephant sanctuaries, turtle sanctuaries, bla bla, which are just a cash cow.

Be good if they come out and apologise for it at some point, though.

No. In that case why do they have to walk around with it for pictures?

**** the lot of them words removed. They knew exactly what was going on. 

2 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

that's most of our South American contingent, yes? I wonder if it's a cultural discrepancy?

i wondered that until i saw the majority of the brazilian replies to the insta post also condemning it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mantis said:

Pretty sure you can't legally do what they did here?

you can't. but it's a tough one. plenty of people put them all in the same bucket. my mrs is vegan and wouldn't be seen anywhere near a zoo, because they're one and the same in her eyes. it's also the old argument that how can you eat meat and criticise what dougie et al did

for me, it's different. for some, it's the same. it's one to agree to disagree on IMO

2 hours ago, Mantis said:

Pretty sure you can't legally do what they did here?

If you can go to a zoo, look at the animals and genuinely tell me they look happy, healthy and well cared for then I'll be very surprised. Just because they aren't drugged up and paraded around doesn't mean it isn't still animal cruelty. 

Private zoos in the UAE are especially evil.

It's actually illegal in Dubai, but the law isn't really enacted on the big influencers. Whilst not naming the private zoo in questions, a lot of the animals you see are products of interbreeding in captivity, and many animals have genetic markers and defects you would not get in the wild.

33 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Private zoos in the UAE are especially evil.

It's actually illegal in Dubai, but the law isn't really enacted on the big influencers. Whilst not naming the private zoo in questions, a lot of the animals you see are products of interbreeding in captivity, and many animals have genetic markers and defects you would not get in the wild.

Genetic diversity of wildcats is dogshit anyway. Especially lions and tigers. That being said its probably doped up off its rocker to be even remotely safe. Pretty disgusting. 

3 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

That being said its probably doped up off its rocker to be even remotely safe. Pretty disgusting. 

Yeah this is the big problem. That lion is off its tits, and doesn't look remotely healthy.

I'm all for anyone who thinks they're a big man walking a lion to have a go trying to subdue one in the wild, and see how these words removed get on.

10 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

I see you haven't been to any UK zoos recently. 

This is pretty different. There are zoos like Chester Zoo who are more about conservation and genuine education which helps preserve endangered animals. A “private” zoo and using animals for gain doing this sort of shit is another matter. 

• Thanks 1

On 10/12/2022 at 23:42, Spoony said:

This is pretty different. There are zoos like Chester Zoo who are more about conservation and genuine education which helps preserve endangered animals. A “private” zoo and using animals for gain doing this sort of shit is another matter. 

I agree, I hate zoos and have done since I was a kid. But modern zoos do a lot for conservation and protection of endangered species. There’s a completely different concept and philosophy than at private zoos which are abhorrent. Vilifying the players in the photos, whilst an understandable reaction, won’t make a great deal of difference to them or the zoos. Perhaps educating them and encouraging them to speak out against the private zoos in the future could be much more productive in bringing to an end this awful trade. Maybe evened the club could get involved give our strong association with lions. Part of the pride?

Edited by DaveAV1
  • Like 1

Â