Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

I think it’s a possibility his new contract has a release clause and not a massive one either. We were faced with losing him for free and managed to get him to sign up again even thought we were in a depressing position at the time. I obviously hope it doesn’t have one but I think we may have done what we needed to to secure a fee for him. 

• Like 2

Would be so typical villa if he left under release clause in January. Just as we start looking like achieving something with our squad, it gets picked apart. 

Never know, maybe we persuade him to hang around this time. Working for a manager like Emery must have it's draws.. 

On 14/11/2022 at 10:30, Pinebro said:

Martinez fault for the goal not Luiz.

Disagree

Martinez shouldn't pass it to him because he's not showing for the ball

But how the **** can your central midfielder not be showing for the ball there? His movement is terrible, his anticipation is terrible

Its bigger than Luiz, its been one of the biggest problems for villa for years, we don't show for the ball enough

• Like 1

We need to do everything in our power to keep him. He's top class when on form - I think Emery can get the best out of him too. 

Barcelona can f*** off if they think he's worth anything less than 40mill. I think had we not messed up his contract situation he probably could've gone for 60mill. Other clubs would've gotten that for him... 

For now he's ours and I hope he stays. 

3 hours ago, Mister_a said:

Wonder if the new contract had a release clause.

He signed a long term deal like, what, a week ago. If this was true, that would be A LOT of millions coming our way. 

Edited by Tayls
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Disagree

Martinez shouldn't pass it to him because he's not showing for the ball

But how the **** can your central midfielder not be showing for the ball there? His movement is terrible, his anticipation is terrible

Its bigger than Luiz, its been one of the biggest problems for villa for years, we don't show for the ball enough

All the blame for this one lies on Martinez for me. He’s got a better option in Digne out left. Even if Luiz shoes for the ball macallisters chasing him down anyway. Then the pass itself wasn’t great either, there wasn’t much more Luiz could have done 

Anyone know if cities first dibs clause carried over to the new contract. I'd be amazed if they didn't take a serious look given he has proven himself in prem.

Imho, he'd be mad to move mid season, especially to Juve or Barca given their financial/football state. Milan are a little dodgy too given their ownership group.

23 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

All the blame for this one lies on Martinez for me. He’s got a better option in Digne out left. Even if Luiz shoes for the ball macallisters chasing him down anyway. Then the pass itself wasn’t great either, there wasn’t much more Luiz could have done 

I agree it was a dreadful ball - very little Dougie could have done in my view.

25 minutes ago, villakram said:

Anyone know if cities first dibs clause carried over to the new contract. I'd be amazed if they didn't take a serious look given he has proven himself in prem.

Imho, he'd be mad to move mid season, especially to Juve or Barca given their financial/football state. Milan are a little dodgy too given their ownership group.

That clause finished over a year ago. 

• Like 1

They aren't allowed to spend any cash at all. They're under an embargo from la liga. This can't be agent talk either as he's just signed a new contract?

Unless the agent thinks this will get the attention of some other clubs that much be able to afford the release clause?

I love the fact that in nearly 3 1/2 years with us, Dougie's situation has come full circle. 

Summer 2019 Signs for Villa - fans immediately begin to speculate as to whether his buy back clause will be activated. 

Autumn 2022 Signs new contract with Villa - Fans immediately begin to speculate as to whether his buyout clause will be activated. 

Edited by Steero113
  • Haha 1

I agree with others - that new contract was such a switch from his previous position (running it down) so either Emery swung it, or he was convinced of his worth and he's done the right thing by the club. Would not be surprised to see him go but there will be a decent fee and I trust Emery to replace. 

1 hour ago, Steero113 said:

I love the fact that in nearly 3 1/2 years with us, Dougie's situation has come full circle. 

Summer 2019 Signs for Villa - fans immediately begin to speculate as to whether his buy back clause will be activated. 

Autumn 2022 Signs new contract with Villa - Fans immediately begin to speculate as to whether his buyout clause will be activated. 

While some inexplicably still don't rate him 🤣

• Thanks 1

Â