Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

4 hours ago, Powehi said:

I think he'll be here as long as Lehmann is here. I mean, have you seen her? You're not risking long-distance with that.

She'll go where he goes - she missed the Euro's last summer with Switzerland to go on holiday with him, she wouldn't think twice at leaving leafy little Aston for another city for them to be together.

• Like 2

Not sure how good people think Lehmann is, she's not a bad player by any means, but she's not good enough that she can pick and choose where she plays, for her to follow Luiz there would have to be a club local to his destination willing to take her on, she wouldn't be able to follow him to Barcelona for example as she's not going get signed by their ladies' team, and there aren't much in the way of options of other women's teams in the top flight local to Barcelona, her only option would be Levante Las Planas as far as I can tell, but they would themselves would have to want her first and she want to play for them, and it's going to be a similar story wherever Luiz goes. 

She's someone we might want to improve upon as a starter, could be argued if everyone was fit she wouldn't be a guaranteed starter for us now, and with new signings and highly rated youngsters coming through competition is going to get tougher, I suspect we would gladly keep her on as an option but will depend whether she herself is happy to stay and fight for her place, if she was to stay in this country would probably be a case of either that or signing for someone like Leicester or Reading depending on which of the two stay up, or maybe Brighton or whoever gets promoted from the Championship. 

I don't actually believe the idea that she will follow Luiz, she will do her whatever she thinks is best for her career, but if they do want to stick together then best option would be for both to stay at Villa, which is what I think will probably happen.

Edited by useless

5 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

She'll go where he goes - she missed the Euro's last summer with Switzerland to go on holiday with him, she wouldn't think twice at leaving leafy little Aston for another city for them to be together.

Not disagreeing she'll go where he goes, but how do you know that was the only or main reason she missed the Euros?

14 hours ago, useless said:

Not sure how good people think Lehmann is, she's not a bad player by any means, but she's not good enough that she can pick and choose where she plays, for her to follow Luiz there would have to be a club local to his destination willing to take her on, she wouldn't be able to follow him to Barcelona for example as she's not going get signed by their ladies' team, and there aren't much in the way of options of other women's teams in the top flight local to Barcelona, her only option would be Levante Las Planas as far as I can tell, but they would themselves would have to want her first and she want to play for them, and it's going to be a similar story wherever Luiz goes. 

She's someone we might want to improve upon as a starter, could be argued if everyone was fit she wouldn't be a guaranteed starter for us now, and with new signings and highly rated youngsters coming through competition is going to get tougher, I suspect we would gladly keep her on as an option but will depend whether she herself is happy to stay and fight for her place, if she was to stay in this country would probably be a case of either that or signing for someone like Leicester or Reading depending on which of the two stay up, or maybe Brighton or whoever gets promoted from the Championship. 

I don't actually believe the idea that she will follow Luiz, she will do her whatever she thinks is best for her career, but if they do want to stick together then best option would be for both to stay at Villa, which is what I think will probably happen.

I think she'd follow Luiz even if there wasn't a club for her.

Will have to see how things develop with Lehmann, but I think it's probabable that Luiz will be with us next season given he's just signed a new deal, I don't think he did that to then just leave the next transfer window or the following season.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

That may be true - but it still makes my statement technically correct. The best kind of correct.

37 minutes ago, useless said:

Will have to see how things develop with Lehmann, but I think it's probabable that Luiz will be with us next season given he's just signed a new deal, I don't think he did that to then just leave the next transfer window or the following season.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, useless said:

Thing is, I've also wondered if he has an affection for the club... so has signed a deal simply to make sure we get a good fee.

Hopefully it's deeper than that.

He certainly celebrates and speaks like " one of us ".

• Like 1

I'd be pleasantly suprised if he's still with us next season. A silky Brazilian midfielder with 4 seasons of PL experience who's not yet turned 25, there'll be high interest you would have thought.

• Like 1

On 17/11/2022 at 21:59, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Thing is, I've also wondered if he has an affection for the club... so has signed a deal simply to make sure we get a good fee.

Hopefully it's deeper than that.

He certainly celebrates and speaks like " one of us ".

No footballer is loyal to villa. They will leave if it suits them.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

All this noise of him moving after signing a contact stinks of his agent.

Its very likely he has a clause added and its in his interest to have his name in the media. 

Doubt the named teams have any interest mind.

On 17/11/2022 at 00:34, Powehi said:

I think he'll be here as long as Lehmann is here. I mean, have you seen her? You're not risking long-distance with that.

To the average Joe she’s very attractive but footballers can’t take their pick. 

I don’t think  staying here will be influenced by Lehmann. Most likely the other way around. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Aston Villa ace Douglas Luiz splits from footballer girlfriend Alisha Lehmann after row about her raunchy calendar

ASTON Villa ace Douglas Luiz has split from his footballer girlfriend Alisha Lehmann — after they rowed about her raunchy calendar.

Swiss star Alisha, 23, who plays for Villa’s women’s team, had a year-long relationship with the Brazilian after they met at the Birmingham-based club.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/20481649/douglas-luiz-splits-alisha-lehmann-raunchy-calendar/

• Thanks 1

Â