Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

Great play to win the ball back before giving it to Ings for the winner. I don't think our goal conceded was his fault but playing his part in our winner must have felt good, it was Mac Allister that he won the from as well, so got revenge of sorts.

3 minutes ago, useless said:

Great play to win the ball back before giving it to Ings for the winner. I don't think our goal conceded was his fault but playing his part in our winner must have felt good, it was Mac Allister that he won the from as well, so got revenge of sorts.

Yes he’s showing a lot of character recently, outside candidate for captain next season or when Emery decides.

17 hours ago, Tom13 said:

No way was the first his fault, but great character as always to put it behind him and win the ball superbly for our second. If he stays here long term, he'll be a club legend.

Loved his celebration after nicking the ball back of Macallister for our second goal. Shit house

• Like 2

My favourite Villa outfield player. 

Absolutely love the passion he shares with the fans when he celebrates goals, wins, big moments. 

I'd even begrudgingly accept him knobbing that svelte minx in the women's team, he's that good. 

17 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Loved his celebration after nicking the ball back of Macallister for our second goal. Shit house

I don't think he was actually aiming that towards Mac Allister as Jenas suggested. Just doing one of his usual crazy celebrations. Love the guy.

40 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Martinez fault for the goal not Luiz.

Bad pass from Martinez true, but the goal shouldn't have stood.  

Mac Allister pushes Luiz from behind and doesn't get the ball, should have been instantly disallowed.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Bad pass from Martinez true, but the goal shouldn't have stood.  

Mac Allister pushes Luiz from behind and doesn't get the ball, should have been instantly disallowed.

I agree. As slow as the pass is into Luiz he still manages to get his body between the Brighton player and the ball. It's a foul but you could also argue we got away with the penalty appeal, so the balance got restored.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

I don't think he was actually aiming that towards Mac Allister as Jenas suggested. Just doing one of his usual crazy celebrations. Love the guy.

Argentina vs Brazil them guys will feud over the smallest things 😝

On 14/11/2022 at 09:30, Pinebro said:

Martinez fault for the goal not Luiz.

Maybe, but you just can't sweep that under the carpet, because for the rest of the game he played so well.

It was poetic Justice he inflicted the same on Mac Alister......which was my favourite moment of the whole match.....That is just what I want Dougie to do.

but he must stay alert, to the press.

I think right now, he is playing some of the best football of his career with us and I suspect Kamara, has been an influence in that....playing with better players, makes you play better.

No labouring the point, but both were at fault.

Â