Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

1 hour ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Gutted that he didn’t have the chance to play the WC, I can’t say it’s 100% SG fault, but I’m sure Gerrard didn’t help the situation at all.

I think the Brazil coach has his favourties, same as Southgate.  But you could argue that Casemiro, Fabinho and Bruno Guimarães aside, the rest of the Brazilian midfielders haven't exactly set the world alight, Lucas Paquetá in particular has been a flop at West Ham so far.

Edited by duke313

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

Isn't Paqueta more of an AM though?

Not if the Brazil leaked lineup is to be believed.

Neymar will be playing as the 10, with Vinicius Jr on left and Rapinha on right.  Paqueta will play alongside Casemiro in the centre.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

Not if the Brazil leaked lineup is to be believed.

Neymar will be playing as the 10, with Vinicius Jr on left and Rapinha on right.  Paqueta will play alongside Casemiro in the centre.

Who's the striker? Gabriel Jesus?

On 19/11/2022 at 19:12, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’ve said from day one he loves it here and is very settled in Birmingham. He’s a simple guy. He never wanted to leave. 

Hmmm I think I have heard that one before.

Big six team comes calling, plus additional £££ he would be off. Same for any footballer.

Edited by The Fun Factory

On 15/11/2022 at 17:34, MrBlack said:

Would be so typical villa if he left under release clause in January. Just as we start looking like achieving something with our squad, it gets picked apart. 

Never know, maybe we persuade him to hang around this time. Working for a manager like Emery must have it's draws.. 

That can be said for new recruits too....this is a chance to up the ante.

54 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

They did. 

But it doesn't mean he didn't want to go. If there is a release clause, we'll have no say in it.

I think he does love the club so would never force a move, but it wouldn't surprise me if he's had a clause put in. Hope I'm wrong.

15 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

But it doesn't mean he didn't want to go. If there is a release clause, we'll have no say in it.

I think he does love the club so would never force a move, but it wouldn't surprise me if he's had a clause put in. Hope I'm wrong.

As long as it’s a decent fee I see nothing wrong with a clause.

• Like 1

On 22/11/2022 at 18:05, abdulaziz1 said:

Gutted that he didn’t have the chance to play the WC, I can’t say it’s 100% SG fault, but I’m sure Gerrard didn’t help the situation at all.

We had several players who were right in the mix for the WC squads 6-12 months ago who missed out because Gerrard completely torpedoed our form.

Doug, Coutinho, Mings, Watkins, Buendia. Potentially all of them could have played in the World Cup if we signed a better coach 12 months ago.

7 minutes ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

We had several players who were right in the mix for the WC squads 6-12 months ago who missed out because Gerrard completely torpedoed our form.

Doug, Coutinho, Mings, Watkins, Buendia. Potentially all of them could have played in the World Cup if we signed a better coach 12 months ago.

Good for us. We should be stronger in December / Jan with a near fresh squad. My biggest concern might be if Olsen has to start.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Good for us. We should be stronger in December / Jan with a near fresh squad. My biggest concern might be if Olsen has to start.

Exactly.  By his sheer incompetence, 'Agent Stevie G' has put us in a better situation for the second half of the season.... 😀

Oh, and please don't mention Olsen....

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
Â