Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

To be fair, that Brazil squad is insane, very little shame in not getting picked and several first teamers from bigger clubs than ours also didn’t get selected. He’s young, he’s got plenty of opportunity to play for his country. His time will come. 

9 hours ago, villa4europe said:

It looks like they set up very attacking with only 2 proper central midfielders and then 4 modern attackers in front of them so tough to get in, he's in the squad but Bruno Guimaraes doesn't look that regular a starter for them

2 of Fred, Casemiro and Fabinho seemed to start most of the qualifiers

Players really need to get out of their footballing bubble and realize what it has taken to build these blood stadiums in Qatar.

Do not get upset for not getting picked. Have some perspective and see the bigger picture.

Your time will come Dougie. Just have focus on Villa and work hard. Missing a controversial World Cup is not the end of the world.

Edited by Pinebro

Strikes me as the kind of player who needs to learn his craft still (not in a bad way, he's looked great in that double pivot midfield) and I think having time with Emery and the coaching staff instead of going to the World Cup will be a real benefit for us.

He can aim to be in their squad in 4 years time - he's still a young lad!

He’s having a good season and I’m a big fan but he needs to quit squaring up to other players in matches. He got his red card rescinded against Fulham but it’s a matter of time before he walks for it again. He had his forehead shoved up against someone, Fernandes I think, last night. Stop it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

Him and Kamara look like they could form a good partnership.

We could see this all along but somehow SG couldn’t (or wouldn’t!) 

With Ramsey looking to be getting back to his high octane, running best, it makes for a decent midfield 3

Just now, theboyangel said:

We could see this all along but somehow SG couldn’t (or wouldn’t!) 

With Ramsey looking to be getting back to his high octane, running best, it makes for a decent midfield 3

I don’t think well see a midfield 3, UE likes a double pivot.

Ramsey will play on the left or right, or in the attacking strata.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

He’s having a good season and I’m a big fan but he needs to quit squaring up to other players in matches. He got his red card rescinded against Fulham but it’s a matter of time before he walks for it again. He had his forehead shoved up against someone, Fernandes I think, last night. Stop it. 

Actually, I love his passion and the fact that he never shirks a challenge. He stands his ground and refuses to be intimidated. Not a dirty player at all. 

• Like 1

Â