Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

FFS, I’m extremely disappointed to see these pictures this morning. It’s a horrendously cruel practice to drug dangerous animals so they can be exploited for profit. I’ve seen it in many countries with lions, tigers, crocodiles etc… it’s really sad and should be illegal the world over. 

I know footballers aren’t known for their high IQs but what part of walking a sick looking lion on a lead seems right? Does the question of why can I do this and not be torn to shreds enter their heads? I get that they’re probably told that the lions are well looked after but come on. Open your eyes! Really disappointing. I hope that they seek out the education after this to really understand what happens in this trade, it would be even better if they contribute some publicity and money to the many charities that help rescue and protect these wonderful and endangered creatures. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, It's Your Round said:

FFS, I’m extremely disappointed to see these pictures this morning. It’s a horrendously cruel practice to drug dangerous animals so they can be exploited for profit. I’ve seen it in many countries with lions, tigers, crocodiles etc… it’s really sad and should be illegal the world over. 

I know footballers aren’t known for their high IQs but what part of walking a sick looking lion on a lead seems right? Does the question of why can I do this and not be torn to shreds enter their heads? I get that they’re probably told that the lions are well looked after but come on. Open your eyes! Really disappointing. I hope that they seek out the education after this to really understand what happens in this trade, it would be even better if they contribute some publicity and money to the many charities that help rescue and protect these wonderful and endangered creatures. 

And to caption it Simba was equally tone deaf.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

that's most of our South American contingent, yes? I wonder if it's a cultural discrepancy?

Could be. From personal experience of a country where poverty is anywhere animal cruelty seems like the norm. Humans get treated like shit, what chance have animals got?

• Like 1

On 11/12/2022 at 05:45, sne said:

Maybe the club shouldn't always follow the money and maybe stop going to places like Dubai, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Thailand and wherever else stuff like this are allowed.

would love for this to be the case but with how football works these days, we wouldn't have a fighting chance to do much of anything. We need all the financial "help" (FFP help) that we can get and I'm sure that we were financially incentivized to go over there. Plus, speaking as an American Football & real football coach (for high school level), having a group camp with the squad really helps build cohesion.

On to Dougie -- I'm really looking forward to see his partnership with Kamara or Dendoncker 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

would love for this to be the case but with how football works these days, we wouldn't have a fighting chance to do much of anything. We need all the financial "help" (FFP help) that we can get and I'm sure that we were financially incentivized to go over there. Plus, speaking as an American Football & real football coach (for high school level), having a group camp with the squad really helps build cohesion.

On to Dougie -- I'm really looking forward to see his partnership with Kamara or Dendoncker 

Yeah that ship sailed decades ago. We already have betting sponsors, dodgy crypto stuff, fan tokens and so on and so on. Helping a repulsive regime with their sports washing is just part of the deal.

• Like 1

On 11/12/2022 at 10:45, sne said:

Maybe the club shouldn't always follow the money and maybe stop going to places like Dubai, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Thailand and wherever else stuff like this are allowed.

I rode an elephant in Thailand and it was really grim. The elephant handler kept hitting the elephant. It was just terrible. I suppose I can't be too critical of the lads on that basis. I've always said no to those tiger/lion trips though, but I can imagine how it would happen, especially to 4 super rich footballers who probably don't know any better, as I didn't.

• Like 3

I'm so happy the deal with Arsenal fell through. Luiz feels like one of our most important players this season. We have to remember its not even been half a season of seeing him as a more traditional '8' CM and the improvements have been enormous.

Really takes ownership of the game and seems to weave so many of our good attacking moves together. The partnership with Kamara seems so complimentary and I believe once the chemistry has been built we will likely see even more of the Dougie 'off the leash' offensive wise that we have had flashes of so far.

Starting to become everything we had hoped.

Doug just wasn't to Gerrard's liking. But the reality is if want to keep the ball and use it intelligently Doug is essential. We need Ramsey in the team as well. He makes such a difference with his powerful ball carrying, and technique. McGinn should be a squad player nothing now.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

Doug just wasn't to Gerrard's liking. But the reality is if want to keep the ball and use it intelligently Doug is essential. We need Ramsey in the team as well. He makes such a difference with his powerful ball carrying, and technique. McGinn should be a squad player nothing now.

If we are playing the 442/4222 then Buendia, Kamara, Luiz and Ramsey should be the four as things stand.

5 minutes ago, duke313 said:

If we are playing the 442/4222 then Buendia, Kamara, Luiz and Ramsey should be the four as things stand.

To be honest I'm a bit worried about Buendia. We also have Coutinho so I think he is going to have to start putting in some performances. Also I'd pick Sanson ahead of McGinn, as I think he is a smarter, more skillful player, with better technique. Jacob needs a playmaker next to him.

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

No question as to who the first choice midfielders should be, Kamara and Luiz. How did Gerrard not see this?

I think the lack of game time may have been down to the contract situation. It looked for a long time like we were going to lose him, if not the summer just gone, but January. 

9 hours ago, duke313 said:

No question as to who the first choice midfielders should be, Kamara and Luiz. How did Gerrard not see this?

They don’t speak English as a first language and don’t fly into tackles like mad men. Only thing I can think tbh.

• Like 2

Â