Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

21 hours ago, commander said:

I disagree out of all that dross, he was - in my opinion - by far above the worst and I've seen Richard Walker, Jordan Bowery, Simon Dawkins and Michael Boulding.

And out of all the dross on VT, this was - in my opinion - by far above the worst post and I've seen posts from Con, "Jenny Jones", Mendy and Glaston Spur.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

22 hours ago, commander said:

I disagree out of all that dross, he was - in my opinion - by far above the worst and I've seen Richard Walker, Jordan Bowery, Simon Dawkins and Michael Boulding.

Perhaps the thickest pile of dogshit I've read on here. 

You can't have eyes. Or still be alive without a carer or some form of support staff aiding you with simple mundane tasks. 

14 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Lovely video, that is, I love the spirit in this team. Bit surprised Luiz was speaking through an interpretor though 

He probably feels uncomfortable making a speech in a language he’s still learning. 

No doubt he’ll understand English pretty well by now though. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, WallisFrizz said:

It’s definitely good news for us but has he been rested or just dropped? I didn’t see how he played at the Olympics. Did he do well?

I only watched the final and semi, so no idea how he did earlier on. In those 2games he didn't do badly, but ultimately it was a reserve team, and he didn't really stand out. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Mantis said:

We need him badly.

The guy who hasn't consistently performed well for over a year 

If we are resting our hopes on Luiz at defensive midfield we are proper screwed 

Edited by villalad21

14 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

It annoys me that he still uses a translator. I know it shouldn’t but it does. Buy into Doug ffs.

He really has been here too long to need a translator, especially for what he said in that video, worrying.

Do they use their own teacher or does it get done at the club during working hours.

John Mcginn has been here roughly the same time and he doesn't need a translator. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

Lovely video, that is, I love the spirit in this team. Bit surprised Luiz was speaking through an interpretor though 

Why, he his Brazilian. He may be learning English but I doubt he has the confidence to converse in it and I think that video confims he doesn't. 

12 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Why, he his Brazilian. He may be learning English but I doubt he has the confidence to converse in it and I think that video confims he doesn't. 

McGinn said in an interview late last season that Dougie was the worst person to sit next to on the bus because he doesn’t speak English. 

It must be a pretty isolated existence spending years not being able to communicate easily with your colleagues. 

20 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

He's been here 2 years, plus was a registered Man City player for 2 years prior. He should have started having intensive lessons after training when he joined us. Conversing with your teammates will surely make you feel more part of the team? 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Xela said:

He's been here 2 years, plus was a registered Man City player for 2 years prior. He should have started having intensive lessons after training when he joined us. Conversing with your teammates will surely make you feel more part of the team? 

You make a good point, and one that I honestly was not aware of. I made the assumption that he would be a fairly fluent English speaker by now. His inability to speak English may explain a number of on field mix ups.

It also raises the question about how committed he is to Villa. Does he see us as a temporary fix while looking for a return to continental Europe? 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Xela said:

I'm sure he knows the basics. Have trust in the old cliche, that football is a universal language. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Awol said:

McGinn said in an interview late last season that Dougie was the worst person to sit next to on the bus because he doesn’t speak English. 

It must be a pretty isolated existence spending years not being able to communicate easily with your colleagues. 

He looks happy enough to me. I'm sure McGinn said that with tongue in cheek and anyway, he's a fine one to talk. I'm sure Dougie gets along just fine. It's his football ability that I prioritise myself with.

3 hours ago, LondonLax said:

He probably feels uncomfortable making a speech in a language he’s still learning. 

No doubt he’ll understand English pretty well by now though. 

Give him a pay rise....he'll understand that.

• Haha 1

Â