Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

On 08/08/2021 at 19:38, Rightdm00 said:

Westwood was far to good for that relegation diaster team that went down.  Should we want him back now, absolutely not, our ambition is far higher than midtable. 

It was the same with Petrov before him. We love to hate on our #6 then moan like crazy when he's gone. 

Westwood too good? He was the worst of the worst. Worst player I've ever seen play for Villa. Terrible and gutless on and off the ball. Closed his eyes when he went up for a header. 

Agree we need a top quality 6 - Maybe Luiz could be come that man - he was outstanding post lockdown. But was pretty poor last season

There's a reason Westwood left us to play in the PL. He's a decent enough player, just not what we needed in that position. In a team full of nasty bastards like Burnley, he can get away with being a bit soft.

As Keyblade says, he played with the likes of Gestede, Bacuna, Bennett...He wasn't great for us, but he wasn't the worst player in any given squad, by far.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

There's a reason Westwood left us to play in the PL. He's a decent enough player, just not what we needed in that position. In a team full of nasty bastards like Burnley, he can get away with being a bit soft.

As Keyblade says, he played with the likes of Gestede, Bacuna, Bennett...He wasn't great for us, but he wasn't the worst player in any given squad, by far.

I disagree out of all that dross, he was - in my opinion - by far above the worst and I've seen Richard Walker, Jordan Bowery, Simon Dawkins and Michael Boulding.

2 hours ago, commander said:

I disagree out of all that dross, he was - in my opinion - by far above the worst and I've seen Richard Walker, Jordan Bowery, Simon Dawkins and Michael Boulding.

So you're comparing an established prem league player with 4 players with a total of 35 appearances, and saying the established player is worse.

Ok.

• Like 1

Just an absurd post 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, commander said:

Westwood too good? He was the worst of the worst. Worst player I've ever seen play for Villa. Terrible and gutless on and off the ball. Closed his eyes when he went up for a header. 

Agree we need a top quality 6 - Maybe Luiz could be come that man - he was outstanding post lockdown. But was pretty poor last season

That’s a pretty big statement, how long have you been watching us, No disrespect with this comment by the way,  my God in my 50 years I have seen some shite 

Some of the shit that gets posted here, JFC.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Player not played for a while. 

Said player suddenly gonna going fix our issues. Nakamba had one bad game=Nakamba bad Luiz good

Classic Villa Talk 

McGinn / Luiz are our most experienced central midfield partnership. We know Luiz is match fit and sharp from Olympics and is a more attacking minded player than Nakamba. We've two home games coming up so it makes sense to play Luiz alongside McGinn.

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Player not played for a while. 

Said player suddenly gonna going fix our issues. Nakamba had one bad game=Nakamba bad Luiz good

Classic Villa Talk 

It's more the fact that Luiz can pass a ball 5 yards in a straight line and in a midfield 2 particularly that is absolutely crucial. 

If Smith is going to do the sane thing and switch back to a midfield 3, and tell Nakamba to stay the hell away from the halfway line, I am less concerned. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

It's more the fact that Luiz can pass a ball 5 yards in a straight line and in a midfield 2 particularly that is absolutely crucial. 

If Smith is going to do the sane thing and switch back to a midfield 3, and tell Nakamba to stay the hell away from the halfway line, I am less concerned. 

Luiz has not played consistently well since post lock down which is over a year ago 

I don't care what he is doing for Brazil. Completely different set up. 

Remember when Westwood made his debut for us against Sunderland (think it was a month or two into the season) and we had a big win - the talk in the Westwood thread turned to United's impending bid and whether we could hang onto him....

Â