Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

Classic Luiz performance.

Started with confidence, involved lots and passed well. Then got over confident, hit a few chipped passes to the opposition, and got caught in front of our box once.

Spent ten minutes wrestling back some confidence by playing more simple passes and then finished by playing well for a sustained period of time. 

Worth his spot in the team.

Must have watched a different game to most on here. Thought he was his usual self, average. His lack of physicality is his biggest weakness imo. We need better in that position. 

Thought he was excellent, collected the ball from the back 4 and Linked the play brilliantly. Some games we could do with a big solid number 6, against teams like Newcastle we just need a ball playing midfield. Felt we dominate them in the middle of the park.

• Like 2

I really don’t think he’s good enough. He’s so young so just needs thy competition to give him a kick up the area. I’m sure it’s in there but other than flashes here and there he looks bang average. 

I thought along with El Ghazi, he was our worst player today. He’s just nowhere near good enough tbh. How long do we have to wait for this potential people speak of? He just does what Ashley Westwood used to do for us, and I’m not sure he does it any better. 

We desperately need a new no.6. Ramsey is better than this guy.

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I thought along with El Ghazi, he was our worst player today. He’s just nowhere near good enough tbh. How long do we have to wait for this potential people speak of? He just does what Ashley Westwood used to do for us, and I’m not sure he does it any better. 

It’s worth remembering he’s only 23. He really is still young. 

Just now, Spoony said:

He is suddenly gonna become Casemiro the next 5 years? 

I hear this "He is young" line all the time but he is never becoming an enforcer. Just not the profile of player he is. 

1 minute ago, Spoony said:

Yeh yeh, I’ve heard it all before. What does he actually do well? What’s he good at? 

He’s not a bad player and I prefer him to Nakamba (I think), but he’s nothing special. 

23 or 29, I need to see more from him than that. He’s a weak link in our side.

5 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Yeh yeh, I’ve heard it all before. What does he actually do well? What’s he good at? 

He’s not a bad player and I prefer him to Nakamba (I think), but he’s nothing special. 

23 or 29, I need to see more from him than that. He’s a weak link in our side.

Supposed to be a Carrick type of player. 

That deep lying playmaker role or whatever you'd like to call it. 

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Supposed to be a Carrick type of player. 

That deep lying playmaker role or whatever you'd like to call it. 

He’s not very good is he though really tbh. 

How long do we have to wait for him to realise that potential? 

I really want him to be amazing, he just…isnt. 

Like I say, a massive weak link in our side. 

22 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

No he wasn't. Best passing accuracy. Excellent off the ball. It's no accident that the midfield looked cohesive. All 3 were good for different reasons.

As for Ashley Westwood - he was so bad positionally it was embarrassing at times. So many of our goals conceded were because Ashley Westwood let people run off the back of him. He still does it.

Doug was good defensively and started a lot of our attacks.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

No he wasn't. Best passing accuracy. Excellent off the ball. It's no accident that the midfield looked cohesive. All 3 were good for different reasons.

As for Ashley Westwood - he was so bad positionally it was embarrassing at times. So many of our goals conceded were because Ashley Westwood let people run off the back of him. He still does it.

Doug was good defensively and started a lot of our attacks.

Nah. He was poor and has been poor for ages.

Hopefully we sign better. 

Â