Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

7 hours ago, Rich192 said:

Just because they have a buyback clause, doesn’t mean they’ll action it. They had one for Sancho and didn’t use it, so I don’t think they’ll do it just for the sake of it. 

I hope I get a jobby Freddy Ive got my fiiinnggeerrsss croosssedddddd

we know Pep is a fan of Dougie after his comments prior to signing for us. He wont have any issues getting a work permit at City now after becoming an international starter for Brazil. Time will tell. Lets hope we can do something special this season and Douglas wants to stay longer, maybe something can be arranged if he pushes to stay at Villa. Just need to enjoy this season and hope for the best outcome when the time comes. Class act, pleased he played so well last game; I didnt think he quite hit the levels this season so far.

2 hours ago, YouUnastanFren said:

Booked in the first half and then subbed off at half time for Paquetá who is an AM so Brazil could look for a goal.

Looking at it selfishly, it's 45 minutes less in his legs for when he gets back.

Cheers, Away to  Uruguay next. Tuesday Night 23.00pm then circa 14hr flight back. 

Probably won't be back in the house till 23.00pm Wednesday night. 

Probably be the same for Martinez as Argentina are in Peru kicking off at 00.30am on Wednesday morning. 

4 hours ago, YouUnastanFren said:

Booked in the first half and then subbed off at half time for Paquetá who is an AM so Brazil could look for a goal.

Looking at it selfishly, it's 45 minutes less in his legs for when he gets back.

He actually "scored" before half time but was ruled out for push on defender. Looked a bit harsh.

• Thanks 1

On 11/11/2020 at 14:39, TRO said:

I think we have harder nosed owners now...and Purslow is no mug, been around the block.

Doug would of allowed our best to go then for all sorts of Low pennies, as you say TRO we have tough cookie owners now. I'm not sure I'd want to try take away Luiz from our Owners or Purslow for that matter, I'm sure they can find a number of loop holes or something to bury you in that would keep them at bay tlll the buy out clause has passed.

Very shrewd, smart sneaky business men we have on us, we had two leagues against us at one point last season as well a lot of clubs for all sorts of numerous things, and they still couldn't put us down.

Personally I think Luiz is staying, I would be very surprised if he went, I know I wouldn't and that's because all City could offer at the moment is more money and for me that is not enough to move me from Villa. Luiz I think has found his calling and his family of lads and hes happy where he is.

Even Lansbo didn't want to leave the club for a quick pay off, that's what togetherness brings 🤣

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Let's count the number of Villa international starters this week.

Grealish

Hourihane

McGinn

Luiz

Mings

Anyone else?

Trezeguet will probably start tonight, Elmo is also in the squad. 

On 12/07/2019 at 12:34, nick76 said:

This deal makes no sense to me when Man City will be competing with us for the league title next season....maybe they have given up hope already

😋

When you try to be funny and end up Nostradamus'esque 😅

• Haha 2

The Daily Star with the first of what could be many articles like this.

Zero direct quotes. Use of words like 'could' (well of course they 'could'). Nothing but trolling.

Man City could hand Aston Villa blow by cashing in on £25m Douglas Luiz buy-back clause

City sold midfielder Luiz to Villa last year but are now weighing up a double swoop including Jack Grealish ahead of the January transfer window.

Manchester City are weighing up a swoop for Aston Villa midfielder Douglas Luiz - as they also target the club's star man Jack Grealish.

City sold Luiz to Villa for £15million in July last year, but insisted on a £25m buyback clause for the defensive midfielder.

Now Pep Guardiola is considering a reunion following the 22-year-old's fine form for Villa this season.

And City could launch a £100m double raid to land the two midfielders as they look to wrest the Premier League title from reigning champions Liverpool.

Both players have been ever present as Dean Smith's side have surged to sixth in the table following an impressive start to the season.

More in the link...

6 minutes ago, BOF said:

The Daily Star with the first of what could be many articles like this.

Zero direct quotes. Use of words like 'could' (well of course they 'could'). Nothing but trolling.

How old is that article? 

Thought it was £25m year one (which has now passed) and £35m year 2? 

1 minute ago, Kingman said:

How old is that article? 

Thought it was £25m year one (which has now passed) and £35m year 2? 

That's another example of why it could be trolling, yes. Although quite how the fans have an intimate knowledge of what the buyback fee goes up to after year 1 is beyond me too :P 

I don't understand why we would have to offer them a penny. Pay £10m to not get them to bid for him? How about we use the some of the £10m as a signing on fee for his new contract in the summer, when the clause supposedly expires?

Edited by villarule123

4 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

I don't understand why we would have to offer them a penny. Pay £10m to not get them to bid for him? How about we use the some of the £10m as a signing on fee for his new contract in the summer, when the clause supposedly expires?

That’s not how a buyback clause works.

If Man City want him back, they get him back for the agreed price.   

No new contract for Luiz negates the buyback clause.

Â