Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

8 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Why do we always worry our best players will automatically leave us? The owners have shown a huge amount of ambition, the potential at Villa is enormous and all the players look happy and settled. Lets plan for the long term.

With Luiz it's definitely a worry he has a buy-back clause.

3 hours ago, a m ole said:

City have bigger priorities and fortunately FFP will limit them.

My biggest worry is more that another team would be willing to pay more than the release clause, so City trigger it then sell him immediately to make a bit of profit, rather than them buying him back to go in to their squad.

3 minutes ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

My biggest worry is more that another team would be willing to pay more than the release clause, so City trigger it then sell him immediately to make a bit of profit, rather than them buying him back to go in to their squad.

The problem is we have absolutely no idea what the terms of a ‘buy back clause’ is, whether Doug has the choice to not re-sign for City, how much City would accept as profit to pull the stunt, what club will be willing to part with the £35m on top of that profit for him and whether Doug would want to sign for that club. I don’t see his perceived value in football at that price tag at the moment, obviously that could change by the end of the season if we continue as we are. I guess it could be possible, but I don’t see it right now.

14 minutes ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

Then surely we could buy the clause out for the same amount their profit would be. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I do worry that other teams will try and mess us up, like when we lost Barry, Young, Milner etc...

I think we have harder nosed owners now...and Purslow is no mug, been around the block.

• Thanks 2

On 11/11/2020 at 09:18, Tom13 said:

Disagree with you saying you don't think City will come for him and with you saying he has a long way to go before City pay for £25m for him.

But, when has he said he has no relationship with City?

In City's eyes he wont be good enough for them or to even take a regular first team spot. In our eyes he is a first teamer at Villa because hes doing the business here and fits the bill but at City he would struggle to get into there team as they have a totally different style and play going on. Just because Luiz is playing amazing for us doesnt mean it translates to another club, City would have to be 100% certain that Luiz could walk into a first eleven side before they pay 25-30 mill for a player they sold for half that price.

Didnt you read what Luiz said during the window, he came out and said there is no contact whatsoever between he and city or anyone from there. That means he has no relationship at all with them and he himself has no intention of going back to city.

Let's face it when hes getting first team football here, why would he want to go back to city. For some people sitting on a bench for a champions league view or playing in europe as a sub for 20 mins game is just not enough, some players just want regular game time every game and Luiz wont get that at City.

On 11/11/2020 at 09:33, QldVilla said:

It’s all speculation regarding Luiz. Maybe Luiz decides to stay at the club if Man City ever invoke the buy back clause?  There’s probably still caveats around his work permit, which Man City may never meet?

As long as we keep improving and he’s improving as a player, find it hard to believe he will want to leave.

Seen a couple of articles where he’s talked about the club, comments like Villa believed in me, wasn’t too hard to get a permit etc etc. Believe he values what Villa did and as long as the club matches his goals, he will stay.

Exactly..

I feel people are just moving on from Grealish and the quaking over him leaving because that has been sorted for abit, to now Threating over Luiz being taken from us or him wanting to go.

Either City coming for him or Luiz wanting to leave, I think wont happen from some of what you said.

Players who get regular game time who came from a place they had no game time or seen very little, who also find they are enjoying it, you usually find they want to stay put to carry on performing well. I myself if I'd moved from a place nothing was happening at to a place that sees my career move again, even get much better, do you think I'd go back to that club, not a chance for any reason, I'm staying put where times have changed for me and the football and team is excellent right now.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

In City's eyes he wont be good enough for them or to even take a regular first team spot. In our eyes he is a first teamer at Villa because hes doing the business here and fits the bill but at City he would struggle to get into there team as they have a totally different style and play going on. Just because Luiz is playing amazing for us doesnt mean it translates to another club, City would have to be 100% certain that Luiz could walk into a first eleven side before they pay 25-30 mill for a player they sold for half that price.

Didnt you read what Luiz said during the window, he came out and said there is no contact whatsoever between he and city or anyone from there. That means he has no relationship at all with them and he himself has no intention of going back to city.

Let's face it when hes getting first team football here, why would he want to go back to city. For some people sitting on a bench for a champions league view or playing in europe as a sub for 20 mins game is just not enough, some players just want regular game time every game and Luiz wont get that at City.

In City's eyes he won't be good enough? Sorry but that's rubbish.

You're also very naive to think he will definitely turn down City. He will relish the opportunity to grow under Pep and fight for a long term place in their midfield, which we all know he's capable of doing.

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

In City's eyes he won't be good enough? Sorry but that's rubbish.

You're also very naive to think he will definitely turn down City. He will relish the opportunity to grow under Pep and fight for a long term place in their midfield, which we all know he's capable of doing.

Unless they're bidding in January, Pep better get on with signing that contract extension then! 

41 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Unless they're bidding in January, Pep better get on with signing that contract extension then! 

Didn't realise that. He'll still relish the opportunity to grow within a squad that's higher profile than ours.

Â