Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

With Fernandinho leaving at the end of the season I wouldn't be surprised to see them looking for two DM's.

Had a look earlier to see how often fernandinho has been playing, the answer is not a lot and it's split between CM and CB

They play with a central 3 taken from fernandinho, rodri, silva, foden, KDB, gundogan with then claudio gomes and 2 England u20 midfielders in the youth team and whatever they decide to eventually do with arzani

He's the best CM they can buy for that money but I think it's gundogan who is the key, if they take Luiz back then they sell him

43 minutes ago, YouUnastanFren said:

Seeing he played another 90 minutes worries me. Him and McGinn will have played a lot of football as well as flying long distances over this break.

He only played 45 mins in the first game so that’s something at least. 

Check me out saying one of our players ‘only’ managed 45 mins for Brazil...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Yeah I think he is better in the box to box role. It's where Brazil plays him 

Against Arsenal he wasn’t your typical  disciplined defensive midfield when we got the ball. When he got forward or went out wide McGinn covered him and Vice versa. I think this worked well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, YouUnastanFren said:

Seeing he played another 90 minutes worries me. Him and McGinn will have played a lot of football as well as flying long distances over this break.

Yeh it’s a the price of having a good team. To be fair a lot of the big teams have the same problem. The issue is we haven’t got much of a squad. Our players such as Mcginn, Luiz and Jack are crucial to us. 

I wonder how many Brighton players have had to play a lot of minutes this week. 

12 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I don't think that's the case - I think the buyback is more than just a release fee.

If that's the case, why would we give him a new improved contract if he could go back to City without us having a say? 

We upped his contract to make him less likely to leave. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

If that's the case, why would we give him a new improved contract if he could go back to City without us having a say? 

We upped his contract to make him less likely to leave. 

This is the part I'm confused about. It was widely reported he was getting a new contract but did he actually get one?

If he did, what is the benefit to the club if it doesn't effect his buyback clause?

13 hours ago, TRO said:

I can safely say, I have no idea of player contract details.....I have been watching Villa for c 60 years and if I watched them for another 60, would still be non the wiser, when it comes to contracts or behind the scenes shenanigans

fwiw.

This is what 99.99% of the people on here should be saying, not saying the clause is between us and City, or between Luiz and City or all three have a say. There might be a few who work in the business and do know certain things but the most of us (me included) haven't a bulls notion what goes on behind the scenes.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, YouUnastanFren said:

This is the part I'm confused about. It was widely reported he was getting a new contract but did he actually get one?

If he did, what is the benefit to the club if it doesn't effect his buyback clause?

Because if they don't trigger the buy back someone else might come in and tempt him away anyway. Hes still or player, he was rewarded for demonstrating his ability was matching his potential.  You dont want an unhappy player just because someone might trigger a clause to buy them back

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MotoMkali said:

6 right? Made 2 last break and had a token appearance last season. 

Transfermarkt has it down as 4 competitive (including the game last night), 1 friendly and 1 on the bench where he didn't feature.

Not sure if that's correct thou.

1 hour ago, sne said:

Transfermarkt has it down as 4 competitive (including the game last night), 1 friendly and 1 on the bench where he didn't feature.

Not sure if that's correct thou.

I think the one last season was also a friendly and I think he played in a friendly this break so that would be 6.

1 hour ago, MrBlack said:

Because if they don't trigger the buy back someone else might come in and tempt him away anyway. Hes still or player, he was rewarded for demonstrating his ability was matching his potential.  You dont want an unhappy player just because someone might trigger a clause to buy them back

Agreed on the reasons he would get one, but did he actually get rewarded? Was a new contract actually signed and announced this summer?

15 minutes ago, YouUnastanFren said:

Agreed on the reasons he would get one, but did he actually get rewarded? Was a new contract actually signed and announced this summer?

don't believe so

Climate change could cost Australia $US117bn and investors would be among  the casualties - Stockhead

Uruguay - Brazil 0-2: Why Aston Villa’s Douglas Luiz Is Key To Tite’s Team

The Brazil coach has been obsessed with the balance of his midfield, wanting more cover for his defense. Even when Brazil, without Neymar, won the Copa America last year, Tite struggled to rekindle the fluency that had so marked the first two years of his reign. In a latest attempt to redress the balance of his team, Tite has introduced Douglas Luiz to his midfield. 

The Villa player debuted in November 2019 against South Korea when Brazil ran out 3-0 winners but never convinced. Luiz’s attacking contributions were limited, but he impressed Tite enough to retain his place for the first round of World Cup qualifiers in September. Partnering Casemiro in front of Brazil’s defense, Luiz formed the key to Tite’s aggressive tactics to suffocate both Bolivia and Peru. 

:snip:

At 22, Luiz is not the finished product yet, but against Uruguay he proved, in and out of possession, to be composed, even after Tite switched to a 4-4-2 with Everton Ribeiro on the right and Richarlison on the left. In the shadow of Arthur, who controlled the tempo, he closed down the space, offered physicality and linked the play. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/samindrakunti/2020/11/18/uruguaybrazil-0-2-why-aston-villas-douglas-luiz-is-key-to-tites-team/

• Like 1

Â