Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

44 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

All we can hope for is that he has fallen in love with the club.

But City got all those South American players i'm sure he'd connect well with..

They've only got one more than us! He's also said many times in interviews what a big part Wesley played in welcoming him and helping him settle, so I'm not sure he'd be closer to any of the city squad.

On 20/07/2019 at 15:32, KentVillan said:

I thrive on the pressure, and look forward to the accolades this post will receive when Alan Shearer does a special segment on MOTD.

GARY: "Alan, you wanted to talk a bit about someone who's been impressing you since Villa's shock win against Spurs in August."

ALAN: "No surprises for guessing who. This little Brazilian lad is a special talent. I'll be honest, none of us had heard of him when he arrived here, but boy has he played well. Probably one of the best signings in Premier League history. He's got it all. Here he is sliding in to rescue Neil Taylor. Here's him winning an aerial battle with Eric Dier. And here's his incredible no-look through ball to Wesley for that third goal against Everton."

JERMAINE: "As Alan said, this little Brazilian lad who none of us had heard of us a special, special talent. I'll be honest, he's played well. As a genius box-to-box midfielder myself, there are still some things he needs to learn to be as good as me, but he's one of the best Premier League signings of all time, as KentVillan predicted on Villatalk."

GARY: "Thank you Alan and Jermaine for your insightful analysis. Now over to Old Trafford, where caretaker Michael Carrick leads out relegation-threatened United to cries of Maguire Out."

Just a quick gloat on this post from July 2019.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/alan-shearer-goes-nuts-over-19251279

Alan Shearer goes nuts over three Aston Villa players after Arsenal annihilation

The former Newcastle United and England number nine has named Douglas Luiz, Jack Grealish and Watkins in his team of the week.

On Luiz, Shearer said: "He ran the midfield with a passing masterclass."

comedy what GIF by Karsten Torebjer

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

What the **** do we do IF he goes to Citeh and IF Barkley doesn't stay with us

The heart of our current midfield ripped out. 

Both will be extremely hard/impossible to replace

It will be gutting, but it’s not like we can’t plan for it, as there is a chance both those things will happen. We will be planning for this situation I am sure. 

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

Dont think City will come for him, Luiz himself says he has no relationship with City and has not spoken to them one bit since arriving here.

Luiz still has a long way to go I think before City would pay the price to bring him back, then Luiz knows hes not a regular like at Villa.

As for Barkley, i think we will make him a permenent and dump whatever money it will cost on Chelsea's lap.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dave-R said:

Dont think City will come for him, Luiz himself says he has no relationship with City and has not spoken to them one bit since arriving here.

Luiz still has a long way to go I think before City would pay the price to bring him back, then Luiz knows hes not a regular like at Villa.

Disagree with you saying you don't think City will come for him and with you saying he has a long way to go before City pay for £25m for him.

But, when has he said he has no relationship with City?

It’s all speculation regarding Luiz. Maybe Luiz decides to stay at the club if Man City ever invoke the buy back clause?  There’s probably still caveats around his work permit, which Man City may never meet?

As long as we keep improving and he’s improving as a player, find it hard to believe he will want to leave.

Seen a couple of articles where he’s talked about the club, comments like Villa believed in me, wasn’t too hard to get a permit etc etc. Believe he values what Villa did and as long as the club matches his goals, he will stay.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Disagree with you saying you don't think City will come for him and with you saying he has a long way to go before City pay for £25m for him.

But, when has he said he has no relationship with City?

Quite recently, last few weeks I think, he was asked about City and he commented that he doesn’t hear from them. I wouldn’t read anything into it either way. He wasn’t pledging undying allegiance to Villa or fluttering his eyelashes at City, he sounded like he was simply stating a fact.

I think the one thing that might help in keeping Luiz is the Covid market. PL players seem to be holding their value but I think they could get a cheaper equivalent from abroad.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Lord Willard said:

The only irreplaceable player we have is Jack Grealish.

Doug and Barkley will be telling their agents to secure them permanent moves to Villa at the end of the season.

8 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

You don't think Man City are going to look at a 22 yo Brazilian international CDM for 25m, you're off your rocker 

Well 35 million. And they need to replace Aguero, get depth for cam (probably replace De bruyne), buy a new left back, and get a new defensive midfielder but they likely don't want to give up on rodri yet and they still have Fernandinho even if he currently isn't fit. 

31 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I do worry that other teams will try and mess us up, like when we lost Barry, Young, Milner etc...

As do I but I think these owners are made of sterner stuff that previous owners and will resist all offers for players if crucial to the club 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Â