Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

I wasn't expecting much from luiz but he is class player. 

If the clause is meet Luiz still needs to decide whether he wants to go and tbh Man city have a lot of midfielders - Doubt h3 wants to sit on bench where he is playing for us week in and out.

Edited by Denaldinho

Loved his interview before the Arsenal game, saying he was embarrassed about the two losses but also the team can't have a mentality that "everything is going wrong now", and they needed to evolved week by week and get better. 

P.s. he is very happy here 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, samjp26 said:

Loved his interview before the Arsenal game, saying he was embarrassed about the two losses but also the team can't have a mentality that "everything is going wrong now", and they needed to evolved week by week and get better. 

P.s. he is very happy here 

Do you have a link to it?

There seems to be an attitude being nurtured at our club, by so many of our young players like Dougie....and it also seems character has risen high on the agenda for new recruits.

Dean Smith can be very proud of himself, for creating this environment.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, barry'sboots said:

What would we watch during the International Break?😉

Coronation St.

fortunately, my Wife is a Villa Season Ticket holder, or was before lockdown.....so I get away with the above, but I guess many poor souls don't.

Edited by TRO

6 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Why can't we just scrap International games for the time being?

It just unnecesarry risk.

I don't understand why we don't just play the full season out before March ends with no international breaks and then put qualifying at the end of the year. It would make internationals so much better as well because players aren't resting for their clubs and you aren't interfering with the excitement of the season. You get a larger squad for internationals say 30. And can change it every 2 weeks or maybe every month. Then you can have all the excitement of qualifying actually followed up with the reward of the euros.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

I don't understand why we don't just play the full season out before March ends with no international breaks and then put qualifying at the end of the year. It would make internationals so much better as well because players aren't resting for their clubs and you aren't interfering with the excitement of the season. You get a larger squad for internationals say 30. And can change it every 2 weeks or maybe every month. Then you can have all the excitement of qualifying actually followed up with the reward of the euros.

That would have been very exciting.

3 hours ago, zab6359 said:

Nah Coady has had the virus but is still having to isolate for the same reason, pissed off if it's true he's so important right now!

I see Salah has tested positive whilst with Egypt so does that knock out Trez and Elmo as well??

On 12/11/2020 at 14:32, Tom13 said:

In City's eyes he won't be good enough? Sorry but that's rubbish.

You're also very naive to think he will definitely turn down City. He will relish the opportunity to grow under Pep and fight for a long term place in their midfield, which we all know he's capable of doing.

It wasn't what many people in here were saying just  before the lockdown had finished last season, many of you were writing him off.

It's not rubbish at all none of us know what City think about Luiz for a start but at the same time if they'd of thought he were good enough theyd of snapped him straight back up soon as the window had of opened. In there eyes they could have a very different view of Luiz than what we do of him, Here Luiz is a first teamer, At City hes likely will not be and he will be a rotated player. He will have to do way more work to be a first teamer there at City, Luiz doesnt just walk into there first eleven and it would take some time. I am confident that Luiz like Barkley is loving life here and if it comes to City trying to get him back, I am confident Villa will buy him and seal the deal and make this buy back go away.

You really think so long as Luiz career here is flying high that he would walk away from his first team position here, something tells me it's you thats being Naive. He has stated he doesnt talk to City or has no communication with them, that should tell you a lot there, it's not rocket science.

We will see anyway where Luiz ends up, but I don't think he will leave here so long as hes given first team football and we are progressing. Luiz looks happy here, but you seem to think he would just give it all up and want to go back to a team where he hardly played. You could probably put a bet that he has way more relationship here than he did with the players at city or staff.

Truth is Luiz is a starter here but as I said before if players move while they are playing amazing we've all seen it before where it takes a turn for the worse and it spirals down hill. I along with others told many of you that Grealish was not leaving many of you all were threating over him leaving, I'm throwing it out there again that Luiz is staying put as well. I can think of tons of reasons that keep Luiz here, I can think of a couple as to why he would up and leave.

But we will see wont we as to the outcome of this story. Some of you just need to chill out about it all abit, you make it so much worse than what it actually could be or sounds. Until we find out from the horses mouth, there is no point trembling over it. This has all stemmed from abit of news in the media and City themselves may not have said anything. last time this was a thing during the window Luiz himself had come out and said there has been no communication between him and his old club.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 1

On 12/11/2020 at 16:24, Tom13 said:

Didn't realise that. He'll still relish the opportunity to grow within a squad that's higher profile than ours.

You do realise that not everyone thinks like that and to some people sticking where things are good are more and just as important. For all we know he doesn't want to join a higher profile squad when he is making huge strides where he is.

Luiz is playing next to other excellent players like McGinn, Grealish, Martinez, Barkley Watkins and other fantastic lads. Sometimes it's best to stick with the bunch where the footballs going good, as the saying goes you dont break what is working perfectly. I could understand if we were still in the championship, but we are a Premier league team where at the moment we are above City by a couple of points.

I can't stress enough that if I were Luiz I would be looking at City and thinking they are taking a step backwards, while Villa where I'm playing first team football at is taking steps forward, all while I'm playing excellent here.

He wouldn't even risk upsetting and turning his gameplay upside down, would you all to play under the City manager.

Â