Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

So the manager of Aston Villa is the only person in the world to Not no about the clause. 

Obviously don't expect him to reveal the granular details of the T&C's but to say he's not aware of current status with one of the club’s best players is disappointing 

37 minutes ago, Kingman said:

So the manager of Aston Villa is the only person in the world to Not no about the clause. 

Obviously don't expect him to reveal the granular details of the T&C's but to say he's not aware of current status with one of the club’s best players is disappointing 

You don't actually believe that, do you? Easier to completely deny knowing about it in order to avoid tons of questions than to begin explaining and speculating.

6 minutes ago, BG_Villa_Fan said:

You don't actually believe that, do you? Easier to completely deny knowing about it in order to avoid tons of questions than to begin explaining and speculating.

Of course I don't and nobody else dose either, So saying he's unaware of any clause just makes you look daft 

Edited by Kingman

7 hours ago, Kingman said:

I took it to mean that he's not clued up on the finer details of the clause, i.e. how City can trigger it or whether Luiz himself would have any say in the matter.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, tomav84 said:

he seemed to be in a tough spot with that question. 3 options:

• "Yes i'm aware of it, and desperately hope city don't trigger it as he's one of our best players." - which might make city's ears prick and be more inclined to trigger it with the manager bigging him up
  • "No there isn't one, papers talking rubbish" - then city trigger it, and he's either a liar or has no idea about a pretty key clause involving one of his key players
  • "I'm not aware of it, i dont do contracts, etc etc" - he probably picked the best of the 3 options, just gloss over it, and not make a big thing about it

Option 4.

"We're working on it. Since he's come here he's developed into one of best premier league DMs and now starts all the time for his national team so we've been as good for him as he's been for us. Why would he want to leave with the owners we have and where we're going. We'll offer him a new deal in due course and I'm very confident he'll sign it."

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Option 4.

"We're working on it. Since he's come here he's developed into one of best premier league DMs and now starts all the time for his national team so we've been as good for him as he's been for us. Why would he want to leave with the owners we have and where we're going. We'll offer him a new deal in due course and I'm very confident he'll sign it."

As I understand it, him signing a new contract wouldn't have any effect on the buyback clause. Obviously I don't have any knowledge of any of the contracts that exist between City, Villa and Luiz but when he signed those who seeminly had more inside info than me intimated that the buyback was likely to already include a pre-agreed contract between Luiz and City and as soon as the clause was triggered he would instantly become a City player.

1 hour ago, YouUnastanFren said:

As I understand it, him signing a new contract wouldn't have any effect on the buyback clause. Obviously I don't have any knowledge of any of the contracts that exist between City, Villa and Luiz but when he signed those who seeminly had more inside info than me intimated that the buyback was likely to already include a pre-agreed contract between Luiz and City and as soon as the clause was triggered he would instantly become a City player.

Interesting.

I would say at least him agreeing to new deal sometime in next 6 month would at least indicate he has no interest in leaving and in any case buy back clause expires end of this season (I think?) so unless he pulls a faster one than even Delph that would secure him here for next 3-4 years.

Pep staying has made me less confident though as he's previously gone on record saying how much he rates Doug.

I do wonder if there may eventually be some sort of swop and we get Yangel Herrera who's playing really well for Granada in Spain and is a similar type of midfielder to Luiz and also without a buyback clause. City own him but can't see him getting a regular place there and they'll likely want to get a fee for him in next few years.

Edited by VillaChris

3 hours ago, YouUnastanFren said:

this is how i understand it. the only way a  buy back could maybe be removed is if purslow phones up city's equvilant and says "heres £XXm, can we tear the clause up?"

3 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Are we 100% sure there is a buy back clause at all? Or was that just paper talk?

Nobody's ever explicitly denied it, which you'd think they would've of there wasn't one.

One thing I'm not clear on is whether the clause was agreed with City or Luiz. Exactly how much of a say does he have in it?

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Greenfly said:

Nobody's ever explicitly denied it, which you'd think they would've of there wasn't one.

One thing I'm not clear on is whether the clause was agreed with City or Luiz. Exactly how much of a say does he have in it?

Moving to citeh will require Luiz signing a contract he is happy with so Doug has a lot of say. Money won’t be the issue so it could be down to how confident Luiz is in his ability to play regularly at a new club. Hopefully citeh will decide Luiz isn’t quite the right player for their set up.

• Like 2

On 20/11/2020 at 20:18, VillaChris said:

Interesting.

I would say at least him agreeing to new deal sometime in next 6 month would at least indicate he has no interest in leaving and in any case buy back clause expires end of this season (I think?) so unless he pulls a faster one than even Delph that would secure him here for next 3-4 years.

Pep staying has made me less confident though as he's previously gone on record saying how much he rates Doug.

I do wonder if there may eventually be some sort of swop and we get Yangel Herrera who's playing really well for Granada in Spain and is a similar type of midfielder to Luiz and also without a buyback clause. City own him but can't see him getting a regular place there and they'll likely want to get a fee for him in next few years.

I think he had a poor game against Brighton.....i am not exactly sure he is a DM.

I was concerned McGinn and Luiz would be fatigued and Imo they were.

On 21/11/2020 at 12:32, brommy said:

Moving to citeh will require Luiz signing a contract he is happy with so Doug has a lot of say. Money won’t be the issue so it could be down to how confident Luiz is in his ability to play regularly at a new club. Hopefully citeh will decide Luiz isn’t quite the right player for their set up.

I don't have the same concerns that Man City will pursue him, but hey ho.

Â