Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

4 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Not sure if the Review was supposed to be written like this but it's all good sure we can all have a laugh here all while knowing Luiz bossed the game once more:

Played a little bit higher than usual knowing Nakamba was behind him. Played in a good ball to Davis moments after coming on and looked to dictate the play with Grealish. Looked classy and will take his starting shit back on Monday. Good again and gave Villa impetus.

I used to celebrate not being on the bench by taking a lovely turd too. Two peas in a pod me and Dougie. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Wezbid said:

I used to celebrate not being on the bench by taking a lovely turd too. Two peas in a pod me and Dougie. 

I thought people would have a chuckle at that, I couldnt believe it when I seen how it was written..

16 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Not sure if the Review was supposed to be written like this but it's all good sure we can all have a laugh here all while knowing Luiz bossed the game once more:

Played a little bit higher than usual knowing Nakamba was behind him. Played in a good ball to Davis moments after coming on and looked to dictate the play with Grealish. Looked classy and will take his starting shit back on Monday. Good again and gave Villa impetus.

We bring him on toilet him control midfield and he dung good. 

• Haha 1

The most fun thing about Douglas Luiz, for me, is that the rest of the world (and maybe some Villa fans) haven't seemed to clock just how good he is, yet. 

It's no wonder Burton crumbled. As he plunked one out of the air and ghosted past the first Albion player he saw, as if he had never existed, you could sense a collective sigh of "so you've got two of them ffs"

• Like 4

9 hours ago, dudevillaisnice said:

He comes on and we instantly look 1000 times better. Absolute class. Yes I know Burton but post lockdown he was great too. Think he will have a great season. 

It was rather comical to watch really. The second he came on and took his position it was like everything else in the team clicked and settled down. You could almost see the thought process of our other players "oh Luiz is on, I better go back here". 

Composure is the word I guess. He adds composure. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

See that pass to Keinan?

If we get in a dmf this guy can easily do the box to box role.

Don't know why people are so stuck in the thought of playing him as a dm. We get to see more of what he has to offer in the cm role.

Because he is the only reliable dm option in the squad at present?

5 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

2 years I believe. 

Here's to hoping they won't need him as we now know he will be integral to getting us to where we are going.

This will sound harsh but he and Jack the the standard, everyone else needs to up it another gear or we need to show no mercy in upgrading as soon as possible.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, weedman said:

Seems to be an obsession with moving players positions as soon as they start performing well in one. He's excelled as a DM, why move him? Just buy another box to box player if we need one

That’s a good point to be fair but it gives us an option. 

Â