Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

5 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Can't wait until this one is confirmed. I love that type of player, someone who can manipulate the ball and pass through the lines.

🤞🤞

Innuendo aside, what does that even mean? 

Luiz flying home isn't a big deal. He was training with the rest of the team and was most likely told he wouldn't get clearance in time to play the friendly in the US so has flown home to sort himself out. 

I would assume the deal is done aside from the technicalities and once they come he will be part of the squad. I expect him to play in the next friendly. 

If he's not signed yet then he won't be playing the friendly, he also won't be put in front of the cameras yet either so it sort of makes sense that he goes home early. That said, a player of his calibre might suit the new West Ham and it's London so quite pos he's taken one look at John Deliverance McGinn and thought ef this.

He cannot legally train with the squad until the WP is confirmed, and football clubs tend not to break the law on camera if they can help it. If he has things to sort out in the UK, now is the ideal time. 

I've been told he is heading back to sort out living arrangements etc. Take it for what you will. 

• Like 4

Yeah no point panicking and let's just see what happens. Even if another English club came in for him they will still have to wait for w/p.

It took a while for Wesley to get his so we see what happens

13 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

He cannot legally train with the squad until the WP is confirmed, and football clubs tend not to break the law on camera if they can help it. If he has things to sort out in the UK, now is the ideal time. 

I've been told he is heading back to sort out living arrangements etc. Take it for what you will. 

Yes I agree it will be dealing and sorting those bumflufferies and not the hyperbole suggestion that "the deal is off".

Just now, KenjiOgiwara said:

All of you who 'get told stuff' in regards to player transfers. Who are you actually talking to? Do you all work at MI5? The FA? Or do you simply put faith to Barry at the local chips shop? 

I get told stuff by VillaTalk!  There my secret source of information is out

3 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

All of you who 'get told stuff' in regards to player transfers. Who are you actually talking to? Do you all work at MI5? The FA? Or do you simply put faith to Barry at the local chips shop? 

I know Villa fans who work in new media and other various football related commercial areas. At least well enough that they pass on little tid bits not quite fit for public consumption. It's only every now and then and it's not much, but networking pays dividends. As does having friends 😁

I don't usually pass on myself, because people tell you stuff in confidence and it's not cool to betray that IMO. But I can well believe that ITK's DO exist, I have evidence for it. 

• Like 2

Â