Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

5 minutes ago, supermon said:

- if he's been granted a Tier 2 visa (work permit) and as its reportedly known he could not get one for Man City, would mean that he applied for the visa from outside the UK.  So generally migrants entering the UK can only apply for a UK visa from their country of origin or from their country of residence

Presumably this means if he has gone back to Brazil (or wherever is being referred to as "home" by various clickbait sources) it could simply be a requirement of applying for his visa?

1 minute ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Presumably this means if he has gone back to Brazil (or wherever is being referred to as "home" by various clickbait sources) it could simply be a requirement of applying for his visa?

That is one conclusion that you can draw from the clickbait sources, I have no idea if the application has been made or not, as I said its possible to keep your passport sometimes, so feasibly he could have applied in Spain (played in Spain)/Brazil kept his passport, in the interim traveled to USA, no has to go back to Spain/Brazil...again just my hunch

2 minutes ago, supermon said:

That is one conclusion that you can draw from the clickbait sources, I have no idea if the application has been made or not, as I said its possible to keep your passport sometimes, so feasibly he could have applied in Spain (played in Spain)/Brazil kept his passport, in the interim traveled to USA, no has to go back to Spain/Brazil...again just my hunch

Interesting stuff. Thanks for the insight! 

18 minutes ago, supermon said:

There is no way he is entering the UK as a visitor whilst he has an outstanding visa application remaining with UKVI, its simply not possible to do this. 

I thought you are allowed in the country for up to 30 days as a tourist? It shouldn't make any difference that you have a work visa application in process. If after 30 days you still don't have a work visa you have to leave. Is this not correct?! 

4 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

I thought you are allowed in the country for up to 30 days as a tourist? It shouldn't make any difference that you have a work visa application in process. If after 30 days you still don't have a work visa you have to leave. Is this not correct?! 

I'm afraid not, no migrant would be permitted to enter the UK whilst they have an overseas visa application pending.  Most migrants would not fork out the extortionate price for retaining their passport whilst they make a decision, so in 95% of cases the passport is with UKVI waiting for a decision.  PS its actually 6 months not 30 days as a tourist :) 

16 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

Is it not possible that the simple answer is also the right answer.

That he has come back to the UK to sort accommodation, legals, etc., and do the interview and photos for his announcement.

The simplest answer IMO would be that he is taking a few days to think things over.

14 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

Is it not possible that the simple answer is also the right answer.

That he has come back to the UK to sort accommodation, legals, etc., and do the interview and photos for his announcement.

Man gets job, sorts out work permit, flies in to sign some paperwork, has a guided tour of his new work place and then does a spot of house hunting in his new country. I’ve always admired the Irish for their clarity of thought and not over complicating things. You’d make a rubbish politician though!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, hippo said:

The simplest answer IMO would be that he is taking a few days to think things over.

You’d think he might have thought things over before he flew half way around the world, sorted out a previously complicated work permit issue, messed around a couple of very big and powerful PL football clubs and stepped into the full glare of media attention. 

1 hour ago, CardiffGreens said:

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villas-unsung-mother-figure-11422314 - Went as part of the 2016 ::coughs:: restructure after relegation. 

Slightly O/T, so apologies, Still struck me as a odd decision to let her go; it's one of the more pertinent points from Soccernomics, in that you spend millions on transfer fees and wages and then don't back that investment up with off-field support (in what could be one of the more turbulent times of someone's career).  I'd hope we'd have looked into some form of replacement now things are under newer ownership.

Very disappointing but hardly surprising. Hopefully those days of mismanagement are now behind us. 

Â